Sublime Forum

Theme - Aqua

I don’t necessarily see the need to use a dark theme with a dark color scheme. I personally find dark UIs jarring in OS X. But to each his own :smiley: !

0 Likes

[quote=“cafarm”]I don’t necessarily see the need to use a dark theme with a dark color scheme. I personally find dark UIs jarring in OS X. But to each his own :smiley: !

http://i.imgur.com/kmm3f.png[/quote]

What theme is that Cafarm if you don’t mind me asking?

0 Likes

Its the standard Solarized (Dark).

0 Likes

I have to wonder why when i see Solarized Dark in a screen shot, I love it, but when I try it the colors are really garish. Maybe it looks good for some languages and not others?

0 Likes

Really great work on the Theme, though a few errors seem to show up in the console when launching ST2:

found 1 files for base name Soda Light Refined.sublime-theme Errors parsing theme: Unknown attribute value Unknown attribute value Unknown attribute value Unknown attribute value theme loaded

Any ideas what the unknown attributes would be?

0 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t see these errors in the console on launch. What version of ST2 are you using?

Update: I do see this output in 2181. Its gone in 2195. Its likely some attributes not yet implemented in 2181, but I’m not sure which ones. Either way it should work just fine. Or, you can move to 2195 :smile: .

0 Likes

Ah, great. Thanks for the follow-up! This theme is awesome.

0 Likes

Great work! :smile: I’m liking the look of my editor now. everything just looks so clean :smile:

0 Likes

Great, glad you enjoy it.

If anyone notices any visual anomalies, please report them. I would like to continue to refine this theme until no pixel is out of place on OS X :smiley: .

0 Likes

Wow, this looks good!
To sad, i’m using the dark Version of Soda :frowning:
Any Chance that this is coming too?

0 Likes

Great job! Thanks

0 Likes

I’ll work on the dark version soon.

0 Likes

Maybe base it off Tweetbot’s interface :wink: ?

0 Likes

Good inspiration. Final Cut Pro is another dark interface I enjoy, so it’ll probably steer that way as well.

By the way this theme is now in Package Control.

0 Likes

Tweetbot tabs in particular. With the blue strip for modified tabs.

0 Likes

I’m bumping this thread so people are aware that the theme name has changed to Aqua. I’ve also done quite a bit of work on the theme since the original release.

The theme should be available from Package Control shortly, but you can also grab it off GitHub (https://github.com/cafarm/aqua-theme) before that time.

0 Likes

Glad this thread was bumped. I was worried something happened to Soda Refined.

Though it looks like I must have been running a fairly old version as the tabs are now much more shaded with less padding. I loved the tab style above from earlier versions of Aqua. Any way to get those back?

Thanks & great work on the theme!

0 Likes

I was going to say that the inactive tabs look active, and vice versa. Then I opened Coda 1.x (haven’t used that in a while!) and Coda’s custom tabs look very similar to the current Aqua tabs as far as shading goes. I’ll try to get used to it.

I’m glad the theme has a name of its own now. After switching to Aqua, at first I had some weirdness where the tabs weren’t lining up (they appeared too large for the “tab bar”), but a restart of Sublime fixed that.

0 Likes

For those looking for the old “Refined” theme… I’ve resurrected it, and added a Hybrid variant.
github.com/danro/refined-theme

Submitted it to package control as well.

0 Likes

[quote=“danro”]For those looking for the old “Refined” theme… I’ve resurrected it, and added a Hybrid variant.
github.com/danro/refined-theme

Submitted it to package control as well.[/quote]

Awesome. Exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you!

0 Likes