Sublime Forum

Dired: Simple directory browser

Fixed. I wonder how many other mistakes I’ve made :frowning:

0 Likes

There is now a new version that will allow you to sort the list by name or date (of last modification).

It will also allow you to expand a subdirectory so that you can see it in the same view.

bitbucket.org/hibbelig/dired

0 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the plugin. Everything looks cool except one thing: There is no Dired.tmLanguage which you try to set up in your code. I’ve generated it with AAAPackageDev and it’s work perfect. I think you should add this file in repo.

0 Likes

Kudos to squ1b3r for the hint that this isn’t usable out of the box. I’ve now added Dired.tmLanguage to the repo.

0 Likes

Any screenshots?

0 Likes

FLX requested a screenshot. I’m afraid it’s not very spiffy…

This shows my Packages/Dired directory, and to show how expanded sub directories look, I’ve expanded the “.hg” directory.

0 Likes

Awesome plugin! :smile:
but I have problem on expand folder command, I get this error on console.
I have Windows with ST2 build 2150

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 257, in run_
  File ".\dired.py", line 85, in run
  File ".\dired.py", line 8, in find_view
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Thanks

0 Likes

[quote=“gabriev82”]Awesome plugin! :smile:
but I have problem on expand folder command, I get this error on console.
[/quote]

I pushed a fix. Please “hg pull -u”.

0 Likes

Yes now it work perfect thank you very much! :smiley:

0 Likes

Great. Let me know if you have ideas for features, or find bugs.

0 Likes

Feature requests:

• a shortcut for “go up to parent folder” mapped on backspace key
  • different colors to distinguish between files and folders

Bugs:

• when you press “i” shortcut (dired_expand_directory) multiple times, you get duplicate results on files list.
   0:      4.0k | ../
   1:      0.0b | extraspace-d1b55e23/
   2:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 
   3:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 
   4:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 
   5:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Thank you, gabriev82. I fixed both of them.

0 Likes

You should add it to Package Control: wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

0 Likes

Hi,

I’m new with sublime so excuse me if my question is dumb :smile: but somehow dired is not working for me.

I’m running it on w7.
I’ve downloaded the zip file with dired package and moved the folder “hibbelig-dired-3d20bab34130” to “C:\Users\Palo\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages”.

The console is showing that the plugin was loaded:
“Reloading plugin C:\Users\Palo\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\hibbelig-dired-3d20bab34130\dired.py”

I found that this shortcut is in the default shortcuts for duplicating line - { “keys”: “ctrl+shift+d”], “command”: “duplicate_line” },
So I commented it out but after pressing the shortcut nothing happend. When it was uncommented the shortcut was just duplicating lines.

If anyone could advise I’ll really greatfull since sublime seems to be really great but I miss a simple directory browser feature.

Thanks

0 Likes

I am new to ST2 and don’t know much about python. Installed dired. Trying to run dired from the menu.
Got in the python console :

File “/Applications/Sublime Text 2.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py”, line 339, in run_
return self.run()
TypeError: run() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Help plz!

0 Likes

Sama here. The console shows:

File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 339, in run_
    return self.run()
TypeError: run() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

When I try to open Dired from the Command Palette.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

The original github for dired no longer exists, though it is still pointed to by package control. I wonder what happened?

0 Likes

Oh my goodness. I have totally lost track of this. But this link still appears to exist:

Let me check where is Package Control pointing… (Time passes, which is basically its job.) This package doesn’t appear to be listed in Package Control.

I guess it needs to be updated to ST3, it was originally written for ST2. Hm.

0 Likes

I think the FileBrowser package is supposed to replace it. But I haven’t looked at it in years.

0 Likes

Yes, I now use File Browser instead of dired. It’s just that the latter’s packagecontrol page says “ST3” (which it isn’t I don’t think) and the link to the github repo is 404. Maybe it should be removed.

0 Likes