Sublime Forum

Dictionaries: Spell check dictionary collection

github.com/SublimeText/Dictionaries

[quote]
Since installing a new language requires some non easy procedures. The idea is to collect here the dictionaries ready for use.

Today this contains a list of some languages, the idea is to extends the list with help from the community.[/quote]

Then, if you use a dictionary and is not in the list, please submit these to help other people to get a working spell checker.
If you use a better dictionary than the used in this repository, please update.

bye

0 Likes

[solved] Spell check only works in English

Thank you for setting this up. I had tried to install the Greek OpenOffice dictionary without success.

The Greek dictionary in the git works to the extent that it underlines properly, but it doesn’t suggest corrections when you right click on a misspelled word. What I did by way of installation is to copy the Greek.* files to my User directory, restarted subl, then switched the dictionary in my Preferences to it. I suspect something’s up with the dictionary, because I get spelling recommendations for the English dictionaries that are installed by default. Any ideas?

0 Likes

I get some corrections for individual prints. Maybe the “word separator” in “checking” is different from the “word separator” in suggestions. Likely sublime bug… maybe jon can confirm.

0 Likes

I don’t think I understand your reply :confused: For the moment, I’m just glad that the underlining works. (Next up: combining English & Greek for bilingual documents. Meh.)

0 Likes

Word suggestion works for you?

0 Likes

Word suggestion works for the English dictionaries that come installed by default, but not for the Greek dictionary.

I also tried the Spanish dictionary, which I understand you’ve tested as well, and the word suggestion works fine with that as well. (I don’t speak Spanish, but I can misspell mañana easily :smile: )

0 Likes