Sublime Forum

SFTP ExpanDrive Performance

I love sublime text 2 so far. I am however having a issue with performance of ST2 when used with a SFTP drive map utility ExpanDrive specifically. Finder and other tools are using the SFTP connection no problem but ST2 does not

1.) Left side panel file tree just will not update and some times stops responding
2.) File save can tak a very long time

I suspect this is due to how the tree is assembled lazy loading would be better for slower drive/file resources.

-dale

0 Likes

Hi!

I am experiencing this problem as well. I love both Sublime Text and ExpanDrive. However on slower servers, Sublime Text 2 is pretty much broken with ExpanDrive.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround or a fix to this problem?

Otherwise I have to switch to Notepad++ for ExpanDrive sessions.

0 Likes

I use ExpanDrive 2.2 on Windows and map drives to local Linux VMs. I have the same problem as the two authors above in that the project list of files does not update automatically on changes and performance with large projects is poor (even when connected to a local VM as mentioned).

It’d be great to have a fix for this. Any ideas where the fix is best applied - ExpanDrive or Sublime Text? I’ve paid for both apps and love them both - it’d be good to know which developer to ask for help!

0 Likes

Can anybody update on this?

0 Likes