Sublime Forum

Autocomplete leaves a < at the beginning

I type < to bring up the list of tags to choose from.
When I hit enter it auto completes but leaves the < at the beginning so I end up with something like this.

<<div></div>

It’s really bugging me, I have no idea how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Max

0 Likes

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4807&p=25052
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5396&p=23856
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5159&p=23054
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5818
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5853

0 Likes

Sorry for the repost and thank you :smile:

0 Likes

So from the threads noted above, it seems the only fix is to remove the Zen plugin, a very useful add-on :frowning:

I see that one person offered the following possible solution:

[quote=“peruvianidol”]I was having the same issue. Went into Packages/HTML/html_completions.py (ln 52) and removed the opening bracket from the following lines and it cleared up the issue. Hope this helps!

if op == '.': snippet = "<{0} class=\"{1}\">$1</{0}>$0".format(tag, arg) else: snippet = "<{0} id=\"{1}\">$1</{0}>$0".format(tag, arg) [/quote]

Anyone tried it? Also, I’m not sure which “opening bracket” he is referring to… and looking at the code in question, it doesn’t seem like it is the appropriate code for this problem.

0 Likes

Try github.com/sergeche/zencoding-sublime (It’s the new zencoding)

0 Likes

That links to a “404” on github, but there is a new project called Emmet https://github.com/sergeche/emmet-sublime, if that’s what you were referring to. However, it doesn’t solve the issue either. I’ve just got into the habbit of leaving out the opening “<” and hitting TAB to auto-complete.

0 Likes