Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Getting the current build system?

Getting the current build system?

Postby quarnster on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:11 am

Is it possibly to get the currently selected build system somehow?
quarnster

Re: Getting the current build system?

Postby agibsonsw on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 pm

quarnster wrote:Is it possibly to get the currently selected build system somehow?

If you're referring to the Build System (when you press Ctrl-B), then choose the Tools menu, Build System, and the one that is currently in use will be ticked. (If you mean to open this file, then it's in your Packages folder with the extension 'sublime-build'.)

If you're referring to your ST Build then choosing the Help menu, About Sublime Text 2, will show it. Alternatively, press Ctrl-' (apostrophe) as soon as you start ST and this detail appears at the top of the Console. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby bizoo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:58 am

In the context of the forum (Plugin Development), I suppose quarnster want a way to get the build system from a plugin.

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in the API and as command doesn't return anything there's no luck either this way.
Maybe there's something in the view.settings() but without knowing the name of the settings, there's no way to get it.
bizoo

Postby quarnster on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 am

Yeah I mean getting the build system from a plugin.
quarnster

Return to Plugin Development