Sublime Forum

Bug: Disappear icons in the gutter and the tabs row

Hi,

I’m using plugin that draws icons in the gutter and sometimes I experience a strange behavior of ST2 - icons and tabs row disappear.
Tabs row is back if I move mouse over it, and icons appear if I scroll down or up.

I’m sure that the problem is in add_regions API, but I don’t know how to reproduce this bug. It appears randomly.
Restart of ST2 sometimes fixes that.

Did anyone have the same issues?

I would like to hear any thoughts on how to define a circumstances when those bugs will appear or how to fix that.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Plugin that is causing problems: Modific is very useful otherwise.
Feature request on userecho is satisfied with this plugin.

I’m also affected by this bug. My OS is Linux 3.4 x86_64, but my colleague experiences same problem on MacOSX Lion. Sublime build: 2200.

0 Likes

More and more people complain about this issue. But I still don’t know even how to reproduce it :cry:

Please, help.

0 Likes

Hi,
After many tests I think the problem appears when there are few calls of add_regions without any delay. I suspect that there is race condition between functions changing buffer.
Plugin ‘modific’ calls add_regions 3 times (3 types of dots) one after the other. When I added delay 300ms between calls - problem never occured.

0 Likes