Sublime Forum

20091023 Beta

Beta 20091023 is out, with Goto Symbol and a change to the default color scheme being the most visible changes. The color scheme now uses an orange highlight, to make the selection more visible. I like it, but I’m keen to hear opinions either way. If you’re not seeing orange selections, it’ll be because your color scheme is set to ‘Monokai’ rather than ‘Monokai Bright’. Also on the color scheme front, the color of the bracket matching underlines can now be configured, by adding a value for ‘brackets’ in .tmTheme file.

For the API, addRegions has been extended to take an optional set of bit flags, the possible values of which are:

sublime.DRAW_EMPTY
sublime.HIDE_ON_MINIMAP
sublime.PERSISTENT

Let me know if it’s not clear what these are doing. There’s also a new callback available for plugins, onSelectionModified, and a new flag for the quick panel, sublime.SELECT_PANEL_MONOSPACE_FONT, which is handy if you’re embedding formatting into the quick panel entries, a la CTags plugin.

For the full list of changes, have a look over the beta page.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]
For the API, addRegions has been extended to take an optional set of bit flags, the possible values of which are:

sublime.DRAW_EMPTY
sublime.HIDE_ON_MINIMAP
sublime.PERSISTENT[/quote]

can you be more verbose, where should i use this? last time you used:

view.addRegions(key, regions, scope) view.getRegions(key) view.eraseRegions(key)

where does it fit?
is it still using foreground color as background?
does the minimap still use the opposite color (vs. the one i see on the main view)?

0 Likes

I recenlty purchased a license for Sublime as I like it very much. Just this very day I was thinking wouldn’t it be great if this program:

• Had a symbols list
  • Took my to the text when I clicked the minimap

and I’d just looked around the forum to find out how to:

• match braces by default
  • change bracket match colour

So, all in all, this is a great update - thanks!

[As an aside, the symbols list isn’t quite as quick as the ctypes package equivalent but that’s probably because they are being made each time rather than cached, so that’s understandable]

0 Likes

Freaking awesome update, thanks a lot Jon :smile: keep up the good work!

0 Likes

Very cool update.

0 Likes

“Goto Symbol” is great. It works really well in mutli-language files like HTML with embedded JavaScript. I do wish it was a bit smarter about the first symbol it highlights though. If I type “foo” it will highlight “bar” first if I have two functions like:

function bar(trickyParamWithFooInName)
function foo()

It seems like the function name–especially the first characters of the name–should have higher priority than the param names. Still, it already works way better than crappy, screen-sucking “function tree sidebars” in a lot of editors.

0 Likes

re: changes to regions API, addRegions now looks like:

view.addRegions(key, regions, scope, <flags>)

where flags is a bitwise combination of zero or more of:

sublime.DRAW_EMPTY - draw empty regions as cursors
sublime.HIDE_ON_MINIMAP - don’t show the regions on the minimap. this helps performance if you’re adding a large number of regions
sublime.PERSISTENT - save the regions into the session

How colours are determined hasn’t changed, although I’ll fix the minimap issue at least for the next beta.

0 Likes

Could you give some more details on this? What type of file are you seeing perf issues on? How big is it?

0 Likes

thanks for goto symbol and bracket color.

0 Likes

Really like the new Goto Symbol quick panel. Using it, I have noticed two possible issues, though:

1. The CPU usage of my Sublime Text leaps right up when the quick panel is visible, and it hovers around 40%. I hadn’t noticed it before, but I checked and it is the same with the Open File in Project quick panel.

2. Also, the symbol list includes anonymous functions in languages such as JavaScript. Since the list is not alphabetical this may be a deliberate decision but I think I’d personally prefer it to omit them.

0 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll fix the CPU usage for the next beta

0 Likes

Same for the “open from project” dialog imo, if I type foo, files starting with foo should be higher in the list than those that just contain foo.

0 Likes

I’ve tried the latest beta version (that adds JSP syntax highlighting) and it just does not work. :frowning:

Here is a JPG with 2 screen shots. One is of Sublime showing that the Java code within the JSP is not highlighted. The other is from my current text editor (TextPad) showing what proper JSP syntax highlighting should look like.

bearspace.baylor.edu/David_Taylo … imejsp.jpg

0 Likes

I dont know if this bug appears in this release but i guess it is, because i would had notice this bug before.

When selecting text (without word wrap) and the text passes the screen (right) limit, the horizontal scrollbar doesnt follow the text selected.

Is this normal behavior, something i have to configure? or it is a bug?

Thanks in advance!
gonzalo

edit: i forgot to say that this bug only appears when selecting text with keyboard (Shift + right arrow) and with any combination (pressing ctrl to selected words, etc)

0 Likes

Yeah that’s a regression in 20091023, it’ll be fixed in the next beta - thank’s for letting me know

0 Likes

glad to help

0 Likes