Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2201

Nightly Build 2201 is out now.

The first change is an extension to Quick Add Next (aka Ctrl+D/Command+D) that skips the most recently selected instance, and selects the next one instead. You can trigger it via Ctrl+K,Ctrl+D or Command+K,Command+D. It doesn’t do quite what you’d expect once the selection has wrapped around to the beginning of the file, but it’ll do for the moment.

Also in 2201 is support for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, or any other monitor in OS X where HiDPI is enabled. The theme hasn’t yet been updated for HiDPI, that will have to wait until after 2.0

Theme writers: You can add support for HiDPI mode by creating 2x resolution versions of your images, and then adding an “@2x” suffix onto the end. They’ll be transparently picked up, and used instead of upscaled versions of the regular images. They should be exactly 2x the size for the regular images, i.e.,:

$ file arrow_down.png arrow_down@2x.png 
arrow_down.png:    PNG image data, 17 x 13, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced
arrow_down@2x.png: PNG image data, 34 x 26, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

High DPI modes in Windows aren’t yet supported, but I hope to address this in the future.

0 Likes

Thanks for the Quick Add Next, I’ve usually just resorted to using the mouse to accomplish the same thing, but now there’s no need to. Also awesome that Retina support got in there this quick!

0 Likes

Just great how fast you implemented support for HiDPI displays!

0 Likes

:smile: Just in time.

0 Likes

the quick add next is amazing, thanks very much for that !!
the only thing missing now is quick add selecting the next regex instead of the next thing that is identical to the previous one :smiley:

0 Likes

Thanks for the update. Nice work!!!

Have you had a look at these minor bug in ST2?

0 Likes

Thank you so much for the retina update. Looks great on my iMac. Using HiDPI mode at 1280 x 720, I am a happy Sublime Text 2 coder now :smile:

0 Likes

Quick Add Next is bloody brilliant!

0 Likes

Yyyyeeeessssss!!!
I thought on how I could do it with a plugin last week, and… tadaaaaa it’s here !!!

Thanks Jon.

0 Likes

Didn’t inline search behavior change in the previous build?

I think previously pressing ctrl+i / cmd+i, finding some text and pressing escape left document scrolled in that last found position. Current builds seem to scroll back to the position where inline search was triggered. That drives me nuts.

0 Likes

[quote=“rchl”]Didn’t inline search behavior change in the previous build?

I think previously pressing ctrl+i / cmd+i, finding some text and pressing escape left document scrolled in that last found position. Current builds seem to scroll back to the position where inline search was triggered. That drives me nuts.[/quote]

Yeah, it did change recently. I meant to make the change some time ago, but somehow only did it for Linux at the time. In essence, pressing escape cancels the search, and takes you back to the previous state. Pressing enter will close the panel and keep the selection where it now is.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

[quote=“rchl”]Didn’t inline search behavior change in the previous build?

I think previously pressing ctrl+i / cmd+i, finding some text and pressing escape left document scrolled in that last found position. Current builds seem to scroll back to the position where inline search was triggered. That drives me nuts.[/quote]

Yeah, it did change recently. I meant to make the change some time ago, but somehow only did it for Linux at the time. In essence, pressing escape cancels the search, and takes you back to the previous state. Pressing enter will close the panel and keep the selection where it now is.[/quote]

This makes me go insane because I use ctrl+i and ctrl+f interchangeably and they have different behavior. ctrl+f doesn’t scroll back. And behavior when pressing ‘enter’ is also very different (in inline-search it ends search, in ctrl+f it goes to the next match) so that makes it even worse.

As much as you probably hate to introduce setting for every little thing, I would very match prefer old behavior to be selectable through pref.

0 Likes

FWIK, both provide the same functionality and are interchangeable so why not choose the one you prefer and always use the same ?

0 Likes

Good thing they have different shortcuts then!

0 Likes

Other situation when this is annoying for me.

1. ctrl+i to find a word
  2. Focus document without closing find panel (with ctrl+1 or mouse click)
  3. Do work (scroll around, edit)…
  4. Eventually press ESC to close the find panel.

Boom. goes back to some random place that you forgot about already

0 Likes

rchl: Everything you’re asking for is done by the find panel. Perhaps you’d be better served by just rebinding ctrl+i to use the regular find panel.

0 Likes

Hitting "Esc" When Find