Sublime Forum

I still don't get some of the bizarre autocompletes

Like this, just why?

Bad enough every word in all my open documents are suggested before the obvious tag/attribute suggestion, but this one is extreme.

0 Likes

This is caused by a plugin, it’s not the default behavior

0 Likes

OK, I have removed all my plugins and themes (except for a couple of plugins I need). It seems to have cleared up, for now. Note, however, that when I re-launched Sublime, it hung and the crashed with the attached…
crash log.txt.zip (12.8 KB)

0 Likes

Then what about completions like these, which are using words and phrases from my document?

How can I set it to ONLY use language syntax for suggestions, NOT any dictionary words or numbers in my doc? This is the one last frustrating thing about using ST2.

0 Likes

The completions in that second screenshot will also not be suggested by a vanilla install of Sublime Text. You may want to consider sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

This bugs the heck out of me too. I wish there was a global setting to not include this noise. I posted about this exact same thing here:

0 Likes

@handycam. I’m 90% sure those are zencoding bugs.

@ninjaroll [code]import sublime, sublime_plugin

class InhibitWordsListener(sublime_plugin.EventListener):
def on_query_completions(self, view, prefix, locations):
return (], sublime.INHIBIT_WORD_COMPLETIONS | sublime.INHIBIT_EXPLICIT_COMPLETIONS)[/code]

Save that to your User Folder. This will disable the default completions so only plugin completions will show.

0 Likes

I have re-set Sublime Text 2 and will not be installing Zencoding if it is so buggy. Much as I love the convenience of Zencoding, I cannot stand these random bogus autocompletes clogging up the menu. Kinda defeats the purpose of autocomplete and negates the convenience of using zencoding.

0 Likes