Check out my new plugin!
github.com/SublimeText/Origami

It can do some cool things. With the keyboard you can:

• travel to an adjacent pane

• carry the current file to an adjacent pane

• clone the current file to an adjacent pane

• create an adjacent pane

• destroy an adjacent pane

Itā€™s like magic. Let me know what you think.

0 Likes

Awesome! Great job, it does seem like magic how well it works :smile:

0 Likes

Good job dude, you hit a nice sweet spot of functionality/simplicity :smile:

0 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™ll check it out. BTW, you should have named it origami :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Dang, origami is a much better nameā€¦ Is it too late to change it?

EDIT: I hope it wasnā€™t too late cause itā€™s Origami now. You three will have to check it out again. :frowning:

0 Likes

how do you even come up with that?

0 Likes

What can I say? I have a gift. :smiling_imp:

0 Likes

Looks cool. I will have to give this a try. Thanks!

0 Likes

I tweeted this hard. Nice one!

0 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™d been thinking about making this for a while because I really wanted it, and then one day things just reached that point where I had to do it and couldnā€™t sleep until I got it done. Glad you like it!

0 Likes

Very nice! If you made it a WindowCommand, rather than a TextCommand, then itā€™d work in panes that donā€™t have any files. Currently, if you create a pane, and then focus it immediately, you arenā€™t able to move back.
On the nitpicky side of things, thereā€™s a few print statements still in the code, and your readme still mentions the old name :slight_smile:

Edit: Apparently Iā€™m foolish, and was looking at the wrong repo

0 Likes

Awesome plugin :smile: I have a few requests;

1. Carry and Create would be awesome
  2. Destroy and move current tabs to new panel
  3. GoTo support
  4. Save as layout? So you can go to a new project and just enable a certain layout?

Seriously though this is brill :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]Very nice! If you made it a WindowCommand, rather than a TextCommand, then itā€™d work in panes that donā€™t have any files. Currently, if you create a pane, and then focus it immediately, you arenā€™t able to move back.
On the nitpicky side of things, thereā€™s a few print statements still in the code, and your readme still mentions the old name :smile:

Edit: Apparently Iā€™m foolish, and was looking at the wrong repo[/quote]

Not so foolish, except for the readme, it looks youā€™re right :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]Very nice! If you made it a WindowCommand, rather than a TextCommand, then itā€™d work in panes that donā€™t have any files. Currently, if you create a pane, and then focus it immediately, you arenā€™t able to move back.
On the nitpicky side of things, thereā€™s a few print statements still in the code, and your readme still mentions the old name :smile:

Edit: Apparently Iā€™m foolish, and was looking at the wrong repo[/quote]

Luckily those two things have just been fixed! (by a pull request from someone else!) And I think Iā€™m just gonna delete the old repo.
Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œPhunkyā€]Awesome plugin :smile: I have a few requests;

1. Carry and Create would be awesome
  2. Destroy and move current tabs to new panel
  3. GoTo support
  4. Save as layout? So you can go to a new project and just enable a certain layout?

Seriously though this is brill :smile:[/quote]

1. Iā€™m pretty certain you can chain commands in keybindings (or was that only in Sublime Text 1?). If not, a carry+create could be added.
  2. Can you describe this in more detail? Are you saying when you destroy a pane you want all the tabs in it to go to the newly-focussed pane?
  3. Do you want the commands to show up in the command palette?
  4. Save as layout could be pretty awesome. It also would be really easyā€¦ lemme see what I can do.
0 Likes

Didnā€™t know about chaining keybindings iā€™ll take a look at that :smile:

Lets says you have one pane open with two tabs (HTML & CSS), we then create a new pane and move the CSS file over to it so we can compare HTML & CSS. I then wish to go back to a single pane but keep all files open, so I would like to destroy the selected pane while moving its files to the last active one.

Yep!

[quote=ā€œadzenithā€]
4. Save as layout could be pretty awesome. It also would be really easyā€¦ lemme see what I can do.[/quote]

Awesome :smiley:

0 Likes

Isnā€™t it how it works currently ?
Closing a pane never close the files it contains, ST2 move it to another pane. I donā€™t know if it is the last active one or the previous one.

0 Likes

Sounds like he wants a command that will close the pane of the active view, rather than one in a specifiable direction from it.

0 Likes

Oh, I see. This is actually more difficult because if you have more than two panes, where do you and your files end up? Thatā€™s why you can only destroy a different pane. If youā€™ve got two panes, just destroy the other one and everything should workā€¦?

0 Likes

where do you and your files end up?

I think youā€™d still key in a direction, it would just mean destroy current pane, move in the direction specified, drag the views, making the currently active view active in the group dragged to.

0 Likes