Sublime Forum

Ul>li tab doesn't seem to work?

Hi,
I’m learning how to use sublime text 2 and zen coding.
I’m trying to create a snippet for an un-ordered list with a list item in it.
So I created the snippet

to be triggered by ul and then tab and
  • to be triggered by li and then tab But when I combine the two ul>li and then press tab it looks like this ul>
  • :confused: and not how it should be
    Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or know how to fix this? Cheers Matt

EDIT:
    Ok so I have managed to get it to work but only when I press Ctrl + Alt + Enter and input it through Koan,
    does anyone know how to set-up sublime text 2 so I can use ‘tab’ to expand instead of opening Koan?
    Cheers

• 0 Likes

Sublime expands ul>li to ul><li></li> by default. (It basically ignores the ul> and just expands the li.) From your description, it looks like you don’t have ZenCoding installed — excepting of course that you can enter koans via ctrl+alt+enter :wink:

I’ve generally found ZenCoding to be a very reliable plugin, so my working assumption (assuming you’ve gone and given Sublime a restart after installing ZenCoding) would be that something other than Sublime or the ZenCoding plugin is giving you trouble. So, I would try reverting [1], and then installing Package Control [2], and then ZenCoding via Package Control [3] and seeing if that works. If it does, then something else is the problem (probably another plugin) and you can then begin to re-introduce your configuration until stuff explodes :smile: If a clean slate install of ST + Package Control + ZenCoding doesn’t work at all for you, then, that’s another story :smile:

[1] sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html
    [2] wbond.net/sublime_packages/packa … stallation
    [3] wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control/usage

Hope this helps,
    Alex

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply quodlibet :smiley:
    I’ve uninstalled everything (plus removed the dll for ST2 through ‘run’ because it wouldn’t remove with uninstall)
    Re-installed ST2 and now it won’t start up properly, I click the ST2 icon and get an error saying:

“Error trying to parse settings: Unexpected character, expected a comma or closing bracket in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Jade\Application Data\ Sublime Text 2\Packages\ZenCoding\zen-coding.sublime-settings:11:10”

So I have tried numerous times to uninstall and re install but it just won’t open. Have you got any ideas of what
    to do because I really haven’t got a clue? Any help would be really appreciated.
    Cheers :smiley:

0 Likes

Try reverting to a freshly installed state (which is NOT the same as uninstalling and then reinstalling).

0 Likes

What @quarnster said.

Read the revert instructions carefully. If you do it properly, Sublime will start without any problems.

THEN, install Package Control, following the instructions at link [2] in my post above.

And THEN, install ZenCoding via Package Control (link [3] provides general instructions).

At this point, both Sublime and ZenCoding should be working fine.

0 Likes

Woop Woop! Working!
    Really appreciate the help. Thanks again! :smiley:

0 Likes