Sublime Forum

Update Message Won't Go Away

Updated to the latest version today after Sublime told me that a new version was available. Unfortunately, every time I launch the program it keeps telling me that a new version is available, even though I’ve updated to the latest already.

How do I turn this off?

EDIT: this is on Windows by the way - haven’t checked MacOS yet to see if it’s the same.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve been experiencing this too. I tried to install over the top and also uninstall-reinstall but keep getting the notification.

Windows XP here.

0 Likes

I’m getting the same problem on Win7 32-bit running build 2181. I captured the update check and it looks like the server is reporting that a version 2210 exists:

GET /updates/2/stable/updatecheck?version=2181&platform=windows&arch=x32&r=1 HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: sublime-version-check/2.1
Host: www.sublimetext.com
Cache-Control: no-cache

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/0.7.62
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:22:04 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 81
Last-Modified: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:33:19 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Accept-Ranges:  none

{
    "latest_version": 2210,
    "update_url": "http://www.sublimetext.com/2"
}
0 Likes

I get it on 1 Win XP system, but do not get it on another. Also do not get it on OSX and Win7 systems

0 Likes

I was having this problem too. Noticed that download page I was getting was not showing me 2.0 download file. May have been a caching issue bec I reloaded download page. Saw 2.0 and when I installed that all was good.

0 Likes

Thanks - same worked for me. Manually refreshed the page, it changed to “2.0”, installed that version and the message is gone.

0 Likes

Thanks folks, forcing a reload of the download page resolved it for me too.

0 Likes