Sublime Forum

Syntax list is not showing

I took the plunge and purchased sublime2, and then downloaded and installed the most recent release. It seemed everything was working just fine until I tried to change the syntax highlighting to Php by selecting view/syntax on the menu bar which, produced what seems to be an empty menu. However, I am able to get my cursor to hover over the blank menu, and when hovering over an area that should be showing a language with more than one option the second level menu pops out, and I can see those option just fine. It is like the first syntax menu has a font the same color as the menu background which makes the list invisible. I hope some can help me out by telling how to fix this issue, or by providing me with an alternate way of changing my syntax highlighting.

0 Likes

I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and that did not work, I also tried downloading the portable version to see if the syntax menu items showed up in that version, and they did not. Again please help

0 Likes

No idea what might be wrong with the menu, but you can also change syntax via the command palette. ctrl+shift+p or cmd+shift+p and start typing the name of the syntax you want to change to.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Sublime is fantastic with all the features. Now I am going to have to learn to use them all lol

0 Likes