Sublime Forum

Go To File OPEN MULTIPLE FILES

ST2 Go to File feature is really powerful. You can quickly browse directories by just by typing part of the directory, and from there you can see it’s contents. But there’s one thing that it’s missing:

A way to open multiple files without closing the “Go To File” window. I was thinking on a Prefix like, “control+enter” would open the file and leave the Go to File window open.

I heard this was working on ST1?

0 Likes

+1

Opening/closing multiple file could definitely be made to work better.

In version 1, the quickpanel matching algorithm wasn’t ‘fuzzy’ and you could prefix the search terms with ‘-’ to denote exclusion operation.

If you pressed ctrl+enter it would open ‘all at once’ the matching files.

What kuroir is proposing, a sequential opening of files, could be quite handy also, and would work with the fuzzy matching.

As for dealing with multiple files simultaneously, maybe another less fuzzy matching mode combining globbing/regex with exclusion capability could be created.

0 Likes

Oh, definitely!

0 Likes

The idea would be the following:

1. You open go to file panel.
  2. You write something in ( a path to a directory or something you can match )
  3. You can “browse” with up and down and open files as you go without the window closing or having to write the search term again.
0 Likes

Exactly, I’d love to have this feature too.

0 Likes

Also, it could open on middle mouse button click or Shift+Click just like in any browser. It can be useful to open several related files which name are very similar.

0 Likes

Thumbs up for that. Would be nice in use with the API as well. Really nice.

0 Likes

This function seems perfect for right-arrow key without any modifiers. Down, right, down, down, right, etc. I loved this in the NetNewsWire rss reader for example.

0 Likes

Bash is your friend :smile: To open all R files in some/subfolder use find some/subfolder -name '*.R' | xargs subl

0 Likes

This is in build 3032. right arrow key.

1 Like