Sublime Forum

ODB Editor Suite Mac Only

In the 2.0 release notes I see it mentioned that Sublime Text 2 now support ODB Editor Suite. What is this library adding to Sublime feature wise? I’m asking because it was my understanding this can be used to show the real server path to files opened through FTP or SFTP. I’ve tried opening files using Transmit but the server path isn’t shown so I’m wondering why or what else ODB Editor Suite can do.

http://www.barebones.com/support/develop/odbsuite.html

0 Likes

The ODB Editor Suite allows the calling application to get save and close notifications. It also allows the calling application to set a window title, but this isn’t currently supported by Sublime Text.

0 Likes

It would be nice if that were added as an option to allow the title bar to change. Anytime you open a remote file with Transmit, Cyberduck or Forklift you only get the local temp folder location. If you allow the title to be set I know for sure Transmit and Cyberduck will set it to the remote server path/file name.

Other popular text editors allow this behavior. BBEdit, Textmate, Smultron to name a few.

If you have to work a lot with remote server files this would be a really big help.

0 Likes