Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Slow save of CSS file

Slow save of CSS file

Postby richardmtl on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 am

Hi!

So I've been trying out Sublime text 2 and have gotten to like it. I was going to purchase a licence once I finished my current project and got paid for it. :) I noticed a few days ago that when saving my CSS file that I'm working on (currently around 25k, 1000 lines including LOTS of skipped lines while I organize it), it takes a few seconds (sometimes around 5 seconds even!) for it to actually "save", whereas in my php files (much smaller, admittedly), the save is instantaneous. I thought maybe it was because of the new version (I now have v.2 , build 2210) implementing a different nagging technique to get me to purchase a licence, so I went ahead and purchased, entered my code, but.. I still get an annoying delay when saving my CSS file (and only that file, as far as I can tell!).

What can we do to trouble-shoot this? It's really annoying! :)

I'm on a Win7 64-bit machine (getting my Macbook Pro Retina soon, yoohoo!)

Thanks,

Richard
richardmtl

Re: Slow save of CSS file

Postby ARNHOE on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:14 pm

I can confirm that I am having the same problem.

Seems like a critical bug, really needs to be fixed...
ARNHOE

Postby richardmtl on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:02 am

Phew, so it's not just me!! I thought maybe it was ST2's way of scolding me for my long and unoptimzied CSS file! It's a work in progress, it'll be cleaned up, I swear!! :)

So.. any chance of us helping out in troubleshooting this? What do we need to do?
richardmtl

Postby jps on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 am

Does following these instructions change anything? http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html
jps
Site Admin

Postby richardmtl on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 am

Yup, seemed to have fixed it. Ok, now what can I do to narrow down the culprit? I don't want to have to manually restore all my settings, packages etc and find that I end up having the same problem...

:?:

Thanks!
richardmtl

Postby colin@outerbox.com on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Having this issue, myself. I tried disabling several of the recently installed plugins. Has anyone had any luck tracking down which plugin or setting is triggering this.

I am only seeing this occur on one specific CSS file, not all of them.
colin@outerbox.com

Return to Technical Support