Sublime Forum

No mode indent guides in Ruby?

Since a recent update (might be 1.0, not sure), indent guides are gone for Ruby files, but they’re still there in Haml, Slim and HTML. I do not have a syntax specific setting for it.

Any idea what might be wrong?

0 Likes

Enter view.settings().get('draw_indent_guides') into the console and see what it returns. If it’s False you probably have a package or similar which disables this settings.

0 Likes

It looks like I found a real bug…

view.settings().get(‘draw_indent_guides’)
True

0 Likes

Even weirder, if select my Ruby code, I can see the indent guide, but not when the text is unselected. It’s like the indent guides are black on black. When the text is selected, it’s black on grey.

I don’t have any settings that changes the colors of the indent guides based on the language, however…

0 Likes

Try this:

view.settings().set('draw_indent_guides', False) view.settings().set('draw_indent_guides', True)

I don’t know where the indent guides get their color from but you could test changing your color scheme (for the file).

0 Likes

For the record, disabling and reenabling guides didn’t work. However, I’ve been able to get guides to work again in the latest Sublime by changing this line:

"indent_guide_options": "draw_normal"],

to:

"indent_guide_options": "draw_normal", "draw_active"],

in my settings file. Thanks for the help. Yay!

0 Likes

I spoke too soon. I lost my guides again :confused:

0 Likes