Sublime Forum

Bug on locked workstation

Hi

I am experiencing a bug in that if i lock my workstation with sublime not focused. when i unlock the workstation the menu will be there but the edit windows don’t render. the direct X device.

It seems to happen more often if you have another D3d window also open when you lock the computer.

0 Likes

Running in OpenGL mode will solve this - see sublimetext.com/docs/faq#graphics

0 Likes

it happens to me every time (funny, if i use more than one sublime text window, only one will suffer form this).

anyway, i just binded hotExit to ctrl+shift+q so i restart the app, with everything the same when reopening it.

maybe supporting hotRestart could be helpful.

0 Likes

just to say, I’ve seen a similar thing on restoring from hibernate on vista; I can’t say whether it happens in current versions, but I’ve seen it in the past.

0 Likes

Yes, I have this problem in Vista, when locking my workstation. The option --opengl does help. But rendering of the selection (the rounded cornerd) is much better in Direct X! And Sublime Text looks much slower in OpenGL-mode… is this true?

But is it possible to fix this issue? So we can run Sublime Text in normal mode :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve sunk quite a bit of time investigating the black screen issue in the past, but it seems that under the right circumstance, the D3D device just gets wedged, and can’t be reset, nor re-created. I expect I could recreate the entire window, although that’s getting fairly extreme. I think the best option at this stage is to make OpenGL the default mode.

OpenGL selection rendering quality will be on-par with DirectX in the next beta. Speed-wise there shouldn’t be much between them, although it’s been a while since I’ve looked at the timings.

0 Likes