Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Open new tabs at end

Open new tabs at end

Postby mbond on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 pm

What is the preference to cause tabs to open at the end of a tab row instead of next to the tab that is currently active?

thanks
mbond

Re: Open new tabs at end

Postby jps on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:57 am

There's no setting for this
jps
Site Admin

Postby mbond on Thu May 10, 2012 3:47 pm

can we get a setting for this, because the current behavior ads a lot of overhead to rearrange tabs when opening new files.

thanks
mbond

Postby phillip.koebbe on Fri May 11, 2012 2:21 pm

mbond, what type of "new tab" are you talking about? Creating a new file or opening an existing file?

When I create a new tab (either by using File -> New File or by right clicking in the sidebar), the new tab gets created immediately after the currently active tab. However, when I double click on a file in the sidebar to open it, the new tab for it gets created at the end of the tab row. This behavior seems a bit backwards to me.
-- Phillip

Code: Select all
while self.living? do
    mistake = Mistake.new
    self.learn_from!(mistake) unless mistake.fatal?
end
phillip.koebbe

Postby mbond on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:52 am

phillip.koebbe wrote:mbond, what type of "new tab" are you talking about? Creating a new file or opening an existing file?

When I create a new tab (either by using File -> New File or by right clicking in the sidebar), the new tab gets created immediately after the currently active tab. However, when I double click on a file in the sidebar to open it, the new tab for it gets created at the end of the tab row. This behavior seems a bit backwards to me.

I don't use the project sidebar, all my files exist on remote servers and are opened via Panic's transmit sftp client. Double clicking a file to edit with an external editor opens the new tab immediately to the right of the currently selected tab, in the last selected window (even if that window is on a different virtual desktop ... which is another problem, that has its own thread).

I'd much rather have the ability to open all tabs at the end of the tab row. i can move them to where i want them after they are opened if i need them somewhere else (which would only happen for me if i'm using a split screen and want it on the other split, or i want it in another window on another monitor or virtual desktop).
mbond

Postby lasdjfk on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

+1 for this! It's really confusing to have new files open in the middle of the list (tabs or "open files" to the left).
lasdjfk

Postby pd0bb on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:15 pm

+1 for a setting for this
pd0bb

Postby quodlibet on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm

I haven't tried it myself, but there's a plugin for this: https://github.com/stylishmedia/SublimeText-Tabright
quodlibet

Postby lakeat on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Need this feature, I want whenever I double click a new text file, it would be opened at end of the current file list.

Many thanks. That plugin doesn't work. :(
lakeat

Postby glycerine on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 am

I've recently updated the plugin to work a bit better.
glycerine

Next

Return to Technical Support