Sublime Forum

Find in files found also .sublime-workspace

Hi, everybody

new user of ST2, I’m starting to love it! :smiley:

I found a (minor) problem, anyhow. I saved my project in the root directory of the project itself. For instance:

D:\Projects\TestProject\test.sublime-project
D:\Projects\TestProject\test.sublime-workspace

(D:\Projects\TestProject of course contains a lot of subfolders)
Now, when I perform a “find in files” operation, sometimes I find whatever I’m looking for in the .sublime-workspace file, as it seems that ST is keeping some temporary buffer in it.
Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes

From the default settings file:

// folder_exclude_patterns and file_exclude_patterns control which files // are listed in folders on the side bar. These can also be set on a per- // project basis. "folder_exclude_patterns": ".svn", ".git", ".hg", "CVS"], "file_exclude_patterns": "*.pyc", "*.pyo", "*.exe", "*.dll", "*.obj","*.o", "*.a", "*.lib", "*.so", "*.dylib", "*.ncb", "*.sdf", "*.suo", "*.pdb", "*.idb", ".DS_Store", "*.class", "*.psd", "*.db"], // These files will still show up in the side bar, but won't be included in // Goto Anything or Find in Files "binary_file_patterns": "*.jpg", "*.jpeg", "*.png", "*.gif", "*.ttf", "*.tga", "*.dds", "*.ico", "*.eot", "*.pdf", "*.swf", "*.jar", "*.zip"],

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I found that settings, but I was just wondering if this feature should be included in ST by default, as .sublime-project and .sublime-workspace files are extension it should know, anyhow.

Thanks again
Marco

0 Likes

I know this is old, but *.sublime-workspace is in the default settings but per this question, sublime text is searching the .sublime-workspace fie and makes search results very ugly.

0 Likes

it seems like "*.sublime-workspace" is in the Default file_exclude_patterns, which only affects the sidebar - maybe you want to also add it to binary_file_patterns to prevent it from being included in search results.

0 Likes