Sublime Forum

What's up with the sidebar?

I honestly thought the sidebar wasn’t being added to during the beta because it was being reserved as a post-beta feature that would entice people to buy at full price. But now the beta’s done and the sidebar is still HORRIBLE.

No rename, no move, no cut/copy, no delete, no duplicate, no icons to quickly decipher filetypes, no drag/drop moving, no hiding certain filetypes, no showing hidden files. What gives? I have to resort to buggy third-party plugins or keeping Finder open to rename files…

0 Likes

While the default sidebar is not as powerful as some would like, you can rename and delete files, and with a little bit of path trickery, move files around.

0 Likes

[quote=“ianstormtaylor”]I honestly thought the sidebar wasn’t being added to during the beta because it was being reserved as a post-beta feature that would entice people to buy at full price. But now the beta’s done and the sidebar is still HORRIBLE.

No rename, no move, no cut/copy, no delete, no duplicate, no icons to quickly decipher filetypes, no drag/drop moving, no hiding certain filetypes, no showing hidden files. What gives? I have to resort to buggy third-party plugins or keeping Finder open to rename files…[/quote]

Have you tried github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements ?

0 Likes

I believe that’s what he was referring to when he said “I have to resort to buggy third-party plugins,” though I have yet to encounter a bug.

0 Likes

I also think it’s pretty crazy that I should need to install a package to be able to get any functionality whatsoever out of the sidebar.

0 Likes

C0D312: You are right, I missed that part.

Ian: IMO one of the strongest points of Sublime Text is that anyone can create a package to add any kind of functionality. So instead of complaining you can actually code (and even share it).

0 Likes