Sublime Forum

New plugin: Schemr

Upon request, I’ve released a new plugin which adds command palette support for changing the active colour scheme.

Unlike other plugins which appear to have a hard-coded list of the (default) available colour schemes, Schemr will scan your Packages folder for all tmTheme files and add them to the command palette options.

Download at github.com/skt84/Schemr and should be available through Package Control soon.

0 Likes

Preview color scheme on mousehover

I think I found a bug. To reproduce:

1. Start doing something useful.
  2. Decide you don’t like your color scheme.
  3. Change it quickly with Schemr
  4. Continue doing something useful
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 until
  6. You stop doing something useful and start diddling with your color scheme again :smile:
0 Likes

Hm, I see the problem… Perhaps a counter that checks if you’ve changed your colour scheme more than 5 times in an hour. It should display the error “Hey man, pick a colour scheme and stick with it. You’ll get more work done!” and lock you out of changing the scheme for the rest of the day? I like it, yes yes this could work :smile:

0 Likes

It’s taking a while for the Package Control pull request to be approved, so if you haven’t manually added the repo URL you won’t be receiving automatic updates.

I noticed that there can be slight pause in Sublime’s responsiveness when loading schemes, even while using a significantly powerful CPU and SSD. I imagine the problem is worse on slower machines or if you have a large number of packages installed. I’ve pushed an update to Schemr which moves the file system activity onto a separate thread and Sublime is back to its usual snappy self :smile:

0 Likes

Maybe it’s just my bad habit of hoarding colour schemes, but Schemr rather crowds the palette. I think (if not by default, then as an option) that it would nice if Schemr could only take up one command in palette (Schemr: Change Color Scheme) which would then open the available schemes. What do you think?

Edit: It might then be possible to also bundle the “Reload Schemes” in this one command. As long as the delay is no longer than a couple of seconds, it would still be a lot faster than using the menu or editing the settings.

0 Likes

That’s a good point, quodlibet. There are already a large number of schemes bundled with ST.

I like the idea of adding a settings toggle to choose between an expanded schemes list (the current behaviour) and a concise schemes list with on-demand loading (as the new default behaviour).

Look for this functionality soon :smile:

0 Likes