Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

@iamntz

damn, will take a look in the morning

0 Likes

@castles_made_of_sand can you please consider changing following thing?

In default.sublime-keymap:
For "action": "encode_decode_base64" if operand will be set to "operand": "text.html, source.css, source.scss" base encoding will work in css and scss as well, also I think actual encode_to_base64 function is a little bit wrong, so in \Packages\ZenCoding\zencoding\actions\basic.py line ~ 773 if you change editor.replace_content('$0' + b64, pos, pos + len(img_path)) to editor.replace_content(b64, pos, pos + len(img_path)) it will work nicely.

Also I confirm that Iā€™m having issues with snippets as well. Another bug report is that when I call ā€˜wrap zen as you typeā€™ on couple of selected lines or on multiple selection - lines disappear. However it works for just one line. Alt+shift+w also works.

Thanks for your work.

0 Likes

Another bug report is that when I call ā€˜wrap zen as you typeā€™ on couple of selected lines or on multiple selection

My time for this is pretty limited so Iā€™d pretty please love you long time if you gave me exact repros when reporting bugs

Iā€™ll take your word the patches work nicely :smile:

For better or worse, I apply every pull request thatā€™s sent my way.

There just hasnā€™t been many :confused: In the future if you have patches feel free to send one via bitbucket.

I understand every man and his dog uses git/github so Iā€™ll migrate this to Github to make it a bit friendlier

Anyway, Iā€™ll take a quick look now at all the stuff you mentioned.

0 Likes

Alright, a fix for the ZenAsYouType with non empty selections regression, lemme know how it goes

0 Likes

New home for ZenCoding at github:

github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding

0 Likes

I cannot find Zen Coding in the repository via Package Control.

Why is that and how do I install Zen Coding now?

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œaworoā€]I cannot find Zen Coding in the repository via Package Control.

Why is that and how do I install Zen Coding now?

Thanks![/quote]

Hi, I can not find zencoding from package control either. But I did figure out how to install it manually. What you need to do is:

1. Go to the packages directory. In Mac, it is: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages . If you are using Windows, you should be able to figure that out yourself.
  2. git clone git://github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding.git into the package directory.
    thatā€™s it. Restart your sbulime text and zencoding should be working now.
0 Likes

Itā€™s in the process of getting added to package control

All yā€™all benefiting from package control should send a paypal to will@wbond.net for his work on that :smile:

0 Likes

@Castle: any chance of fixing the css thing? Even if i have ā€œdisable_completionsā€: true set, my completion file is completely ignored :frowning:

Am i doing something wrong?

0 Likes

Even if i have ā€œdisable_completionsā€: true set, my completion file is completely ignored

You positive ZenCoding is the cause? Disable completions is working for me.

Youā€™ve tried moving the ZenCoding package out temporarily, or using ignored_packages, or otherwise disabling to see if itā€™s the cause?

Can you enter the following in the console?

import sublime_plugin; sublime_plugin.all_callbacks'on_query_completions']

Whatā€™s the output?

Do you have any css related plugins that are making use of sublime.INHIBIT_EXPLICIT_COMPLETIONS ? (You could grep the constant name there)

0 Likes

They say a picture make more than a thousand of words, so there are few millions of words screencast.com/t/ERkmcT3IP :smile:

Long story short, yeah, iā€™m pretty sure ZenCoding is the culprit (anyhow, if there is any way of disabling a package for a certain language, like css, thatā€™s enough for me because iā€™m only using zen for html )

0 Likes

Firstly, Iā€™m assuming you have the latest git version

You didnā€™t show any before/after of disable_completions

Do you have a User/zen-codings.sublime-settings?

Youā€™ve edited the correct one? Iā€™m not really sure what this could be.

The disable_completions check is pretty much first thing in the on_query_completions method that Zen hooks into.

0 Likes

Indeed, I do have the latest github version.
My User/zen-coding.sublime-setings.

0 Likes

Sorry, not on my dev computer atm, sitting down the pub getting a pie :smile:

Look here: github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding ā€¦ in.py#L310

Chuck in some print statements around there in your local equivalent and try and debug it

0 Likes

Ok, thatā€™s a good start. Iā€™ll trying later and iā€™ll post if iā€™ll find a solution.

Thanks.

Enjoy your pie! :ugeek:

0 Likes

Ok, so from the python code i understand exactly nothing. Iā€™m that good! :mrgreen:
But, i figured out another way of fixing stuff: on zen-coding.sublime-settings i did this :

"my_zen_settings" : { "css": { "filters": "foo" } }

I assumed that filters is some kind of scope. Soā€¦ Right now just works, which is enough for me :smile:

Thanks!

0 Likes

iamntz,
If you just wanted to remove the space after the colon, you shouldā€™ve just removed the ā€œfcā€ filter. These filters are described in the zen coding documentation.

code.google.com/p/zen-coding/wiki/Filters

castles_made_of_sand,
Thanks for the update, now single-line css coding works fine.
The thing that is wrong now is the expansion of the abbreviations followed by the plus, like ā€œbd+ā€. The caret after the expansion appears after semicolon instead of highlighting portions of the expansion on each ā€œtabā€ pressing.

E.g. ā€œbd+ā€ should create ā€œborder:1px solid #000;ā€ and highlight ā€œ1pxā€ allowing you to change it. Pressing ā€œtabā€ should move the selection to ā€œsolidā€ and then to ā€œ#000ā€. Something like that.

0 Likes

@Igor10k

Looks like itā€™s inserting what is declared

You might be interested in trialling a new version of ZenCoding for Sublime from Zenā€™s original creator. Heā€™s looking for people to help him spin the tyres so to speak.

When itā€™s ready, it will be the version available on Package Control. I donā€™t see this version getting any more updates/fixes. EOL.

0 Likes

Hi there,

Iā€™m having this issue right now (unable to type closing curly bracket), either using AltGr + } in a PC keyboard or using Ctrl+Alt+} in a PC or Mac keyboard.

I can see this issue is two-year old, so I was wondering if a fix was done.

Iā€™m using Sublime Text 3065 under Windows 8.1. Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Manuel

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œmsoutopicoā€]Hi there,

Iā€™m having this issue right now (unable to type closing curly bracket), either using AltGr + } in a PC keyboard or using Ctrl+Alt+} in a PC or Mac keyboard.

I can see this issue is two-year old, so I was wondering if a fix was done.

Iā€™m using Sublime Text 3065 under Windows 8.1. Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Manuel[/quote]

Get Emmet, Zen Coding was renamed it and thereā€™s been a lot of changes to it since. emmet.io

0 Likes