Sublime Forum

JSP Highlighting works in TextMate but *NOT* Sublime. HELP!

Ok. I’ve posted a message and several comments about this problem and I’ve got some more information. I understand that Sublime uses TextMate syntax highlighting. I was told that since JSP syntax highlighting doesn’t seem to work properly in Sublime, it is the fault of the TextMate bundle.

I just installed TextMate on an old Mac I have here in the office and VOILA–JSP syntax highlighting works perfectly. So I guess this is really a bug report. Either the developers are not including the latest Java/JSP bundle from TextMate (doubtful–I’m sure it is several years old) or there is a bug in the way Sublime reads these syntax definition files (this is my guess).

Basically, anything between the <? ?> tags is not being highlighted. I’ve tried to show this in this screen cap. It shows Sublime and my current text editor (TextPad):

bearspace.baylor.edu/David_Taylo … imejsp.jpg

If it isn’t reading this syntax definition properly, it makes me wonder if there are others that aren’t being read properly.

To the developers: thanks for a really cool editor. Keep up the great work. I hope to use it soon, but I do lots of JSP development. :smile:

0 Likes