Sublime Forum

Unable to delete files/folders

There is no way for me to delete files or folders. For the latter I get a confirmation dialogue, if I click “Delete” there, in the status bar I see “Unable to delete folder”.

What is going on? I can perfectly delete the files and/or folders with my file manager, so there is nothing wrong with permissions. I am using Linux (“Linux karolina 2.6.38-15-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 12 19:15:11 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux”). I had the problem with ST2 version 2.0, but now I updated to 2.0.1 (both 32bits) the problem is not solved.

It is pretty annoying since I have to keep open a file manager to (move and) delete files. Can this be fixed?

0 Likes

bump Anything? It is quite annoying and like some other glitches on Linux systems, these kind of things probably stop others too from buying ST2

0 Likes

Another bump, anything? After usage of ST2, this becomes really annoying now. If I need to provide more details I am happy to hear what I should do.

0 Likes

By default Sublime tries to move your files to the trash. This is performed in Packages\Default\side_bar.py which calls code from Packages\Default\sent2trash. My guess is that there is some issue with it finding your trash folder.

I’ve successfully deleted files with the sidebar via many different distributions of Linux (many different versions of Ubuntu, Fedora and openSUSE).

You can also look in the console (ctrl+`) to see if any errors are listed there.

0 Likes

I have a normal, default Ubuntu setup (but it’s a bit old: 10.04 iirc). In the console I get this output:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 337, in run_ File "./side_bar.py", line 19, in run File "./send2trash/plat_other.py", line 153, in send2trash File "./send2trash/plat_other.py", line 121, in find_ext_volume_trash File "./send2trash/plat_other.py", line 115, in find_ext_volume_fallback_trash File "./send2trash/plat_other.py", line 60, in check_create File ".\os.py", line 157, in makedirs OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/.Trash-1000'

My guess is that my own home folder is encrypted, and this is something Sublime Text 2 cannot handle. Is that correct?

0 Likes

It seems it tries to move the files to the filesystem .Trash-1000 folder where the file is in. I’m working with files on /var/www and it tries to move the file to ./Trash-1000 folder, which was missing. I’ve created the folder and then file was deleted (moved to the trash folder).

Is this an expected behaviour or a bug?

0 Likes

**This is **probably a bug in Send2Trash python library… pypi.python.org/pypi/Send2Trash

0 Likes

solution: mkdir ~/.local/share/Trash/files
then
sudo chmod -R 0777 ~/.local/share/Trash/files
Buen día…

0 Likes