Sublime Forum

FTP Client for Sublime

I found a FTP client which pretty much goes into Windows Explorer, it looks pretty good actually - however I had some serious lag issues with this going with Sublime, I tested it quick with InType where it seemed to work much better for some reason…?

Anyways, here it’s this - ExpanDrive

0 Likes

What i like and what i don't like

Take a look at winSCP, it does the same as that but is free =] (It doesn’t do the mapping of the drives)

Just connect to a server, open the file in sublime (configure it in options, “editors”), then edit file away and as soon as u hit save the file is uploaded so you can see your changes live. Not only that the file is still in sublime, so make another change, save, and go see your changes again. Rinse and repeat!
All happens flawlessly in the background automagically :smile:

btw, for whoever doesn’t know yet, expandrive is what used to be sftpdrive, they renamed it.

0 Likes

Yeah, I use WinSCP too, this just semed like a nice alternative, because for some odd reason WinSCP disconnects from the FTP server after 1 minute ~ of inactivity, which can be kinda frustrating.

0 Likes

I think you might know this already but just in case :stuck_out_tongue:
winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_login_connection
try setting the keepalive option… sometimes are just the servers, so not even keepalives will save u,
theres nothing we can do there :frowning: specially when is not your server (like shared hosting clients)

0 Likes

I have managed to make Sublime the default option for remote file editing in WinSCP, but I can’t figure out how to configure it to upload the saved files automatically (when saved). How is this done? TIY.

0 Likes

Whoops, never mind. It works exactly as advertised in this thread. :smile:

0 Likes

I use webdrive. It’s mature and stable

http://www.webdrive.com/

0 Likes

you may want to take a look at this neat plugin:

0 Likes