Sublime Forum

Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

[quote=“wbond”]

[quote=“craigpatik”]Is this the appropriate place to post feature requests? (Is there even an appropriate place for that? :smile: )

I’d love to be able to set up an ‘alias’, so that when I try to upload:

~/project/less/styles.less

Instead, SFTP will upload:

~/project/css/styles.css

Currently, I only edit the LESS file (the CSS is auto-generated in the background) and it gets a bit tedious to manually open or locate the CSS file separately just to upload it. Obviously this could be extended to other languages and workflows (e.g., minified/concatenated versions of the file you’re editing, compiled versions of a file, etc).[/quote]

Until then you can use the Monitor File (wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/ … nitor_File) command with the .less file open. This polls the file stats waiting for the modification time to change, after which it will be uploaded. Just be aware the file must remain open in Sublime for this to work.[/quote]

Yep, “monitor file” works perfectly for me in exactly the same situation - I’m editing less file, external app compiles it and then SFTP plugins uploads monitored *.css file.

0 Likes

Monitoring the file works well, thank you.

0 Likes

Hei there!
I’ve been in some trouble getting the ignore_regex working, i’m not that good with regex, though i guess this is fairly easy :unamused:

My folder structure is pretty simple:
–mainfolder
|–css
| |–sass
| | |–othersubfolders…
| | |somefiles in sass folder, etc…
| |somefiles in css folder, etc…
|–otherfodlers
|–etc…

everything in the /sass folder and the folder itself should be ignored by sftp for uploading/syncing with SFTP (and btw thx a lot really for this plugin, the whole package and particularly the monitor-file are really awesome :wink: ).

I’ve tried also with the configuration suggested few posts above, specifing to exclude the .scss files, yet it keeps uploading/synging upon save and so on…

Thx for any help/suggestions! Cheers! :smiley:

0 Likes

I can’t find the option to chmod files/folders, whilst browsing a server? I assumed it would be under Folder actions or in the File actions menu, though I can’t find it?

Thanks!

Chris Neal

0 Likes

Is possible to decide to not sync a single file after the check local->remote?

0 Likes

Any news about the sidebar option? It’s really annoying that you get go to another program to check something, and the FTP window disappears.

0 Likes

Sublime FTP plugin with remote browsing uses psftp to browse remote files, psftp ls command always lists file in long list mode which appendes * for executable files / for directories @ for link files the ls -F or --classify ) option. This does not allow remote browsing from the quick panel and downloading each file to local folder. I get a file not found error since the * is appended at the end. Not sure if any settings can be changed to disable this behavior. If anyone has any idea regarding this please do post a reply.

0 Likes

+1.

0 Likes

Can’t find in the doc, is there an option to launch some command after uploading?

I would like to change the owner of the just uploaded file.

Thank you

0 Likes

Hello,

Maybe it has already been answered, but there is 11 pages and i don’t speak english very well…

How can i create one configuration file for each folder and it is automatically used ?
I work on many project at the same time, each one with its own FTP server, and i would like to be able to automatically send them on each server using the “upload_on_save” setting.

But actually, when i map a folder to a FTP server, that menu doesn’t appear anymore for another folder which is not even on the same tree branch.
I saw i could use alternate remote mapping, but it seems like i have to switch everytime i work on a different project if i want to push the file on the good server.
Quite annoying…

Did i miss something ?
Thanks.

Yann

0 Likes

Copy SFTP.default-config from SFTP folder in your User folder and edit it

0 Likes

I’m guessing it’s not compatible with st3, right? All options in the sftp/ftp menus are grayed out. Any ETA on a compatible version?

0 Likes

Same behaviour here. Everything is greyed out

0 Likes

Hi there,

Any ETA on this ? Can’t properly use ST3 without SFTP

Regards.

0 Likes

+111111111111111

0 Likes

Some news from Mr. Bond himself :smile:

[quote]
(When) Will Sublime Text 3 be Supported?

Yes, Sublime Text 3 will be supported. Right now I am finishing up getting Package Control fully working for ST3, after which I will focus my efforts on updating my SFTP and SVN packages.

It is very unlikely that updating the packages will require a rewrite, so I am not currently planning on bumping the major version for the packages to 2.0. However, if I do, all users who bought a license in the past year will get a free upgrade.[/quote]

Source: http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/faq

0 Likes

We need SFTP plugin for ST3…

0 Likes

You can use FireFTP plugin for Firefox and define default editor. In this case it would be Sublimetext.

0 Likes

Hi, two questions:

1. There’s a shortcut for switching remote mapping?
  2. If after uploading a file to server1, a switch to server2 and I press “ctrl+alt+u” to upload the file I receiving the errore “SFTP: connection timeout”, then I press OK and again ctr+alt+u and it works.

If I can find a solution to this I could be more productive :smile:

p.s.
I’m a paying customer :smiley:

0 Likes

I’m buying this when it’s compatible for Sublime 3 (and a few of my colleagues will too), almost essential for our workflow.

0 Likes