Sublime Forum

LiveReload (reloads browser when code changes)

Hi dz0ny,

Great plugin! I just tried with the latest 2.0.2 version on mac chrome and it doesn’t seem to work… It worked on the old 1.6 version though.

Many thanks,

CJ

0 Likes

LiveReload for Mac just released a big update yesterday. It’s 2.0a8. Try it out.

0 Likes

How to I activate this plugin? Does it just run automatically?

I get an error saying cannot connecting if I use the Chrome livereload extension (Windows 64bit).

I normally use Ruby livereload in the terminal that works fine.

0 Likes

AFAIK is mac only.

0 Likes

The app is mac only; however, there is a ruby gem that works on windows (github.com/mockko/livereload)

0 Likes

[quote=“ceej”]Hi dz0ny,

Great plugin! I just tried with the latest 2.0.2 version on mac chrome and it doesn’t seem to work… It worked on the old 1.6 version though.

Many thanks,

CJ[/quote]

You can simply change version number to 2.0.2 in plugin settings.

[quote=“firefusion”]How to I activate this plugin? Does it just run automatically?

I get an error saying cannot connecting if I use the Chrome livereload extension (Windows 64bit).

I normally use Ruby livereload in the terminal that works fine.[/quote]

It starts with SE2 and should display errors in status bar(browser connected, refresh sent). As for support for win platform is flaky(missing select module), because of this no server using sockets is supported or can be written.

0 Likes

Very strange situation.
Not update sublime/livereload/chrome/ports/hosts/work station – livereload don’t work, but yesterday it work. Reinstall all – not working.

Connect in Chrome 16.0.912.77
Chrome alert:
LiveReload Cannot connect to LiveReload server: ws://localhost:35729/websocket

And…

Sublime console:
(‘Connected by’, (‘127.0.0.1’, 3506))
Must call on main thread, consider using sublime.set_timeout(function, timeout)

0 Likes

[quote=“mimoprohodil”]Very strange situation.
Not update sublime
[/quote]

Package Controll autoupdate your plugin. I downgrade to (Nov 10, 2011) version and it working.

**Test, before update. **

0 Likes

I’ve installed this and it works quite good with the Firefox add-on. Though, I’m having ‘problems’ with the changes being reloaded properly - I have to save my file twice before the update instantly appears in Firefox. I’m working on files in a Wordpress theme, and working remotely (not localhost).

Any ideas on this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

too bad that it seems that this plugin doesn’t get continued, but it works. And i especially like the SASS/SCSS Feauture with compass, also it is not working right for me. Maybe i will see if i can enhance/fix the plugin.

For now i use the build system to build the scss files and i changed the script that it waits 3 seconds if the file is a scss file. In this time my scss batch file has updated the css files and the browser can reload. really nice.

Update: Neverminde it is still continued! The beta version works really smooth!

0 Likes

i am getting this error after a while:

[code]Exception in thread Thread-38:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “.\threading.py”, line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 176, in run
AttributeError: WSRequestHandler instance has no attribute ‘headers’

Writing file /C/xampp/htdocs/static/js/envo.yt.js with encoding UTF-8
Encoded: ‘\x81m"refresh", {“path”: “envo.yt.js”, “apply_images_live”: true, “apply_js_live”: true, “apply_css_live”: true}]’
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 69, in
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 139, in send_all
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 348, in send
socket.error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine[/code]

0 Likes

[quote=“blinness”]i am getting this error after a while:

[code]Exception in thread Thread-38:
File “.\threading.py”, line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 176, in run
AttributeError: WSRequestHandler instance has no attribute ‘headers’

Writing file /C/xampp/htdocs/static/js/envo.yt.js with encoding UTF-8
Encoded: ‘\x81m"refresh", {“path”: “envo.yt.js”, “apply_images_live”: true, “apply_js_live”: true, “apply_css_live”: true}]’
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 69, in
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 139, in send_all
File “.\livereload_st2.py”, line 348, in send
socket.error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine[/code][/quote]

I get this error too. Any solution to fix it?

0 Likes

I sadly had to deactivate LiveReload as it seems to be the cause that crashes my Sublime Text 2 on (just after, luckily) saving a file - see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9037#p38456 - but I’d like to use it again. I hope there is someone who keeps working on it.

0 Likes

Did you try dev version of this package?
github.com/dz0ny/LiveReload-sub … tree/devel
For me it work far more stable than version in package control.

0 Likes

[quote=“Sinled”]Did you try dev version of this package?
github.com/dz0ny/LiveReload-sub … tree/devel
For me it work far more stable than version in package control.[/quote]

thank you very much Sinled :smiley:

downloaded it a few hours ago and since then no errors anymore. I hope it stays this way ^^

0 Likes

I’ll try that. Btw. it seems to me that the Package Control version crashes with the Chrome LiveReload plugin if I do some weird combination of toggling it on/off and reloading the page manually. Couldn’t quite exactly figure out the steps required to crash it, but it’s a start. On the other hand, Firefox seemed to work fine.

0 Likes

I want to install a package LiveReload but there is no package LiveReload for Sublime Text 3 :frowning:

0 Likes

Hi there!

I also tried to use LiveReload for Sublime Text 3 with Win7 64. Installed the plugins in FF and Chrome. When I activate them I get the “client connected” in the Sublime Text status bar. But when I hit save nothing happens! Are there any dependencies like ruby, python … any other software apart from a clean Windows machine?

Also when I try to enable / disable livereload plugins like less preprocessor, it doesn’t work. The files don’t get compiled and the settings file entry enabled_plugins stays empty.

Any hints how I can get this to work? Seems like quite a few folks have the same problem.

Cheers!

0 Likes

For me doesn’t work Sublime Text 3 - LiveReload extensions (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). I don’t know why?
Please help me!

0 Likes

Hello,
LiveReload work for me with Sublime Text + Firefox. But doesn’t work with Sublime Text + Chrome. Sublime Text says “New LiveReload v2 client connected”, when hitting the LiveReload button in Chrome. But when save changes in HTML or CSS file, nothing happens in Chrome browser.

I have Windows 7 64bit.

What I can do for fix this? Thanks.

0 Likes