Sublime Forum

Sass / scss

Hello,

I just got ST2 to try it out. I installed Sublime Package Control and then the SASS and SCSS packages.

For some reason I get no code hinting from any of them. (I select SCSS or SASS from the bottom right of the screen)

For example if I type:

body {
    f
}

I would expect to come with a list with “font-weight”, “font-size” etc, but the only code hint it gives is “for” which creates the following:

@for $i from 1 through 3 {
		.item-#{$i} {

}
	}

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes

If it matters I am using Windows 7 64bit

0 Likes

Code hinting works perfectly for me. I installed package control and then the Sass package (yesterday), just as you did. I am using Mac OS 10.8 though.

Does your sass code have colored syntax?

0 Likes

Yes, the syntax is colored, but I get no relevant code hinting.

When it gives something it is irrelevant (see image attached)

0 Likes

Any explanation for the above behavior?

Am I doing something wrong, or is that a bug?

0 Likes

I’m interested to know how to make CSS auto-completion works in SASS/SCSS too, any help?

0 Likes

I might be wrong, but I think a file type (scss in this case) can only have one active ‘language’. So if the scss language that comes with the package doesn’t contain all the standard CSS completions, then there’s no way to get it to work.

I run into the same problem with a jQuery completions file I’m writing: I need to extend on the standard js syntax, which seems impossible without actually touching the js language file.

Maybe I’m wrong (I hope so), but I think it’s either CSS or SCSS completions.

0 Likes