Sublime Forum

QuickCursor support

I hacked the existing emacs-based ODB EditorClient to launch Sublime Text instead, so you can now edit in Sublime Text from anywhere* if you install the lovely QuickCursor from the Mac App store. I borrowed Nate Beaty’s beautiful icon - hope that’s ok, but let me know if it’s not!

To install: Download github.com/downloads/jaylevitt/ … app.tar.gz, unzip it and put it into your Applications folder, then relaunch QuickCursor.
Source: github.com/jaylevitt/SublimeEditorClient

• Well, apparently anywhere but here, since it crashes when it sees the Unicode bullet in the filename - and I don’t know Objective C at ALL. Anyone wanna submit a pull request?

@jps: ST doesn’t like filenames with colons, and QuickCursor uses colons to delimit its internal path-to-textarea mapping. If I do “subl somefile:something”, it works fine, but “subl somefile:something:0” (to specify the starting line) doesn’t. It’s not important for QuickCursor, but it’d be great if you could be smart about handling that extra colon so this will work for other ODB-related uses. Assuming there are any.

0 Likes

You are my hero! I would like to fix the unicode problem, but I am not experienced in Objective C as well…

0 Likes

Since Nightly Build 2187, Sublime Text supports the ODB Editor Suite natively. So now it works with QuickCursor out of the box. Woot!

0 Likes

Yes!!

For those wondering how to get it to show up, make sure you’re running at least QuickCursor 2.6, go into QuickCursor preferences, and add the custom bundle ID “com.sublimetext.2”.

0 Likes

I’m still having trouble with this. Has any one gotten a great experience out of this? The big issue I’ve seen is inconsistently posting back into the form (not sure if I need to save, save & close window, save & close window & close application).

Additionally I’d love to have it always open a new window, set to default layout.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

I’m having the same issues, Daniel. When I fiddle with it it seems to work great, then I’ll spend 30 minutes working on an important document only to have it lost when I close the document, exit Sublime, and not have the updated text appear in Safari (for example).

0 Likes

This thread should be moved to Technical Support.

0 Likes

It works as well as for other editors, e.g. TextMate or MacVim. But in general I suppose QuickCursor should be cosidered a hack. It is fairly easy to get it to loose connection to the initiating text field. Anyhow, I always make sure I have the final text in the clipboard as well, in case the update fails. Ymmw …

0 Likes