Sublime Forum

Autocomplete leaves a < at the beginning

I type < to bring up the list of tags to choose from.
When I hit enter it auto completes but leaves the < at the beginning so I end up with something like this.

<<div></div>

Itā€™s really bugging me, I have no idea how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Max

0 Likes

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4807&p=25052
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5396&p=23856
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5159&p=23054
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5818
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5853

0 Likes

Sorry for the repost and thank you :smile:

0 Likes

So from the threads noted above, it seems the only fix is to remove the Zen plugin, a very useful add-on :frowning:

I see that one person offered the following possible solution:

[quote=ā€œperuvianidolā€]I was having the same issue. Went into Packages/HTML/html_completions.py (ln 52) and removed the opening bracket from the following lines and it cleared up the issue. Hope this helps!

if op == '.': snippet = "<{0} class=\"{1}\">$1</{0}>$0".format(tag, arg) else: snippet = "<{0} id=\"{1}\">$1</{0}>$0".format(tag, arg) [/quote]

Anyone tried it? Also, Iā€™m not sure which ā€œopening bracketā€ he is referring toā€¦ and looking at the code in question, it doesnā€™t seem like it is the appropriate code for this problem.

0 Likes

Try github.com/sergeche/zencoding-sublime (Itā€™s the new zencoding)

0 Likes

That links to a ā€œ404ā€ on github, but there is a new project called Emmet https://github.com/sergeche/emmet-sublime, if thatā€™s what you were referring to. However, it doesnā€™t solve the issue either. Iā€™ve just got into the habbit of leaving out the opening ā€œ<ā€ and hitting TAB to auto-complete.

0 Likes