Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Printing from sublime

Re: Printing from sublime

Postby agibsonsw on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:43 pm

new_user wrote:Just another person stepping in to say I'd really like the print feature!

You might consider ExportHtml available via Package Control. It sends your code to your web-browser, optionally directly to a print-preview version. It can keep your theme colours, or you can use a specific, printer-friendly,theme. It also works with a selection, as well as the entire view.

You can decide whether or not to include line numbers and can even add Annotations - HTML pop-up notes :D
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby Sublimetexter on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:16 am

Just another person stepping in to say I'd really like to see the printing feature to be added in future release!
I purchased a license when version 2 released. ;)
Sublimetexter

Postby zoopzoop on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 pm

+1 Yeah, printing would be nice... nothing fancy, just in monoscript with document name and page number.
zoopzoop

Postby akehurst on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 am

+1 for a print feature. All that is needed is a fixed font, and a way to specify the font size so that I can print out code that may go over 80 chars wide.
Also if there is a way that this feature can be added via Python, please point us to the right API to use to implement it.
akehurst

Postby idemura on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:42 pm

+1 for printing...
idemura

Postby rembert on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 am

As I'm using SublimeText as an all-purpose text editor and I just pasted some text from SG Project into it so I could print the text, I was :shock: flabbergasted :shock: the print option was not available.

I had to go back :roll: to TextMate to be able to print it. Of course I could have used TextEdit as well but that program is even more dormant than TextMate lately.

So: +1 for printing.

Now I'm considering this: would I have bought SublimeText if I'd knew printing wasn't available? I think I would have stayed with TextMate. I'm now wondering what other surprises I might encounter: basic functionality I'd expect to exist with every text editor but for some reason missing from SublimeText. I think the SublimeText people should be honest and say "we don't support printing your documents" on the home page. I've mentioned this on the wikipedia page regarding SublimeText just seconds ago.
rembert

Postby vitaLee on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm

it's kindof a workaround but you can try installing the ExportHTML package - https://github.com/facelessuser/ExportHtml
then you can view your document/selection in the browser or print it thourgh the browser.
vitaLee

Postby scotts917 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Add my vote to the Add Print campaign
scotts917

Postby benson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 pm

printing +1
benson

Postby earthmeLon on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:18 pm

+1 Printing.