Sublime Forum

'New File' shortcut in System Menu bug

Is this the right place to submit a bug?

In the windows version there is a “New File” option occasionally present in the system menu (the drop down menu when right clicking the title bar). The option is not always present, it seems to show up usually when a project is open but currently is not visible for an unknown reason. When it is present it conflicts with the ‘n’ hotkey for minimizing the window, preventing easily minimizing the window with the keyboard.

The presence of the option at all appears to be a bug, or at a minimum the randomness of it is.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to prevent it from showing up? I’m assuming ‘no’ and ‘no’. I’d appreciate a fix in the next release. :smile:

0 Likes

I find this a problem as well.

I always minimize a Window using the keyboard: ALT + SPACE + n

…but because of the “New File” shortcut this doesn’t work with Sublime.

0 Likes

Interesting. On Win 7 x64 I have a project open and have the File --> New File (Ctrl + N) entry and Alt + SPACE + N works to minimize the window just fine.
Running version 2.01 build 2217.

0 Likes

[quote=“rgidney”]Interesting. On Win 7 x64 I have a project open and have the File --> New File (Ctrl + N) entry and Alt + SPACE + N works to minimize the window just fine.
Running version 2.01 build 2217.[/quote]

Not the File menu. The system menu; the menu that has “Restore”, “Minimize”, “Maximize”, “Close” that you get when right clicking the title bar or the application icon in the corner of the window (or pressing Alt+Space).

0 Likes