Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

clang (C/C++/Objective-C/Objective-C++) autocomplete

Re: clang (C/C++/Objective-C/Objective-C++) autocomplete

Postby RyanJ on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:21 pm

FYI, it looks like one of your recent changes seems to have fixed the issue I was seeing. If I do see it again I'll build the libs to debug it more (I'd been too busy to attempt that yet).

so... thanks! :D
RyanJ

Postby quarnster on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Cool, thanks for the update :)
quarnster

Postby Barabas on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:23 pm

edit:

Never mind. It did find my include files, but it throws numerous errors on the new header files from the Windows 8 SDK, so I'll just leave it for now and try again later.
Last edited by Barabas on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barabas

Postby benmillerj on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Hey folks,

I'm trying to get SublimeClang to play friendly with Objective-C. I've followed the suggestions on this forum and the GitHub Page and added the following to my "options":

Code: Select all

"/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.2.sdk",
"-D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=40300",
"-I/Users/CVSS/Documents/Reader"

However, I still get the following error when I open a file in my project:

Fatal - 'UIKit/UIKit.h' file not found
Did you configure the include path used by clang properly?
See http://github.com/quarnster/SublimeClang for more details on how to configure SublimeClang.

I'm using the latest SDK, lateste build of ST2 and Running on Lion.

Any ideas? Thanks.
benmillerj

Postby Manko10 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm currently trying to get SublimeClang to work on my Windows notebook, but somehow I can't (be aware, I'm not really a C++ pro ;-)).
I already figured out that somehow the header include paths are hard coded and therefore don't match my GCC 4.7.0 installation under C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.7.0 so I create an NTFS symlink from C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.7.0 to C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.2 which seems to work.
Alternatively I could pass the parameters -IC:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.0/include/c++ -IC:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.0/include/c++/mingw32 -IC:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.0/include/c++/backward each time when calling clang++ to get it to compiling something without telling me that it can't find the headers files (which is quite tedious, of course).

But in Sublime Text neither of these solutions work. I always get the message, that some header file (e.g. <iostream>) could not be found. And when I add this to my user config:
{
    "options":
    [
        "-Wall",
        "-IC:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.0/include/c++",
        "-IC:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.0/include/c++/mingw32",
        "-IC:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.0/include/c++/backward"
    ]
}
It can find that file, but then I get the message:
C:/MinGW/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.2/include/c++\cwchar:46,10 - Fatal - 'wchar.h' file not found
Did you configure the include path used by clang properly?
See http://github.com/quarnster/SublimeClang for more details on how to configure SublimeClang.
What am I doing wrong?

I have MinGW installed to C:\MinGW and Clang to C:\MinGW\clang. Both their bin directories are in my $PATH variable. Compiling with clang works fine. Only SublimeClang does not.

Another issue:
I also tried installing SublimeClang on my Linux workstation, but that doesn't work either. Building Python 2.6 fails with the message:
gcc: error: directory": No such file or directory
make: *** [Modules/getbuildinfo.o] Error 1
And BTW what do I need Python 2.6 for? Why doesn't it work Python 2.7 as well, which is installed anyway?

Would be great if someone could help me out with this.
Thanks. :-)
Manko10

Postby jasedit on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm trying to get SublimeClang to work for my dev setup. I'm currently running under Ubuntu 12.04, and have followed the instructions on the github page for installation/configuration. Whenever clang attempts to parse files, I keep getting an error like this:

sublime_text: /home/jasedit/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeClang/src/build/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Lex/PreprocessingRecord.cpp:256: clang::PreprocessingRecord::PPEntityID clang::PreprocessingRecord::addPreprocessedEntity(clang::PreprocessedEntity*): Assertion `(PreprocessedEntities.empty() || !SourceMgr.isBeforeInTranslationUnit(BeginLoc, PreprocessedEntities.back()->getSourceRange().getBegin())) && "a macro directive was encountered out-of-order"' failed.
libclang: crash detected during parsing: {
  'source_filename' : '(null)'
  'command_line_args' : ['-I/home/jasedit/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeClang/clang/include', '-I/home/jasedit/project1/include', '-I/home/jasedit/project1/externals/include', '-x', 'c++', '/home/jasedit/project1/src/Main.cpp'],
  'unsaved_files' : [],
  'options' : 13,
}

Every time it attempts to parse a file. I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but I'm not getting any auto-completion results. Any ideas?
jasedit

Postby OnOff on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:32 am

I use Windows 7 x64, Sublime Text 2 dev channel, build 2216, MinGW 4.7.0
Clang analysis shows errors in headers mingw, but i compile the project with mingw32-g++ without errors or warnings.
Sorry for my english.
OnOff

Postby RyanJ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 pm

OnOff wrote:Clang analysis shows errors in headers mingw, but i compile the project with mingw32-g++ without errors or warnings.

My guess is missing include paths or a missing preprocessor define.
RyanJ

Postby aspcartman on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 am

Am I missing smth, but where is the autocompletion? I've passed headers path to the plugin (include in 10.8 SDK folder under the xcode.app) but still nothing is being autocompleted. Is there a way to get full-featured autocompletion like xcode and VS have? It's so inconvenient to open a manpage every time I need to call a function =\. No, srsly, how can people work this way? :shock:
PS
I'm talking about plain C autocomplete. You now, strlen, sprintf, mkfifo, other stuff.
aspcartman

Postby aspcartman on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:25 am

aspcartman

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements