Sublime Forum

Open Recent file count

Is there a way to increase the count on the files that show up in the Open Recent window?

tia,
alex

0 Likes

Excepting that I would specify the “Open Recent” submenu, this is something I have been wondering as well.

Since I use my text editor rather aggressively, I’m wanting something like 20 or 25 recent files listed, not just 8.

0 Likes

Kindly add me to the list of users asking for this feature or instructions on how to change the setting

0 Likes

Hear, hear. Seems like there’s plenty of screen real estate to expand that out…

0 Likes

Sooo… any word on this? An option like "recent_file_count": 99 sure would be nice…

0 Likes

It’s possible, but unfortunately not as easy as changing a recent_file_count flag.
You want to open Default/Main.sublime-menu and add more entries that look like this:

{ "command": "open_recent_file", "args": {"index": 5 } },
The trick is to increment the “index” number. I recommend copying and pasting the line a bunch of times, then using the “Insert Nums” plugin.

If you update Sublime Text this file will get overwritten, so you probably want to make the changes inside your User folder. There’s a way to merge menu files but I don’t remember how to do it so I’ll leave it as an exercise for the reader :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]It’s possible, but unfortunately not as easy as changing a recent_file_count flag.
You want to open Default/Main.sublime-menu and add more entries that look like this:

{ "command": "open_recent_file", "args": {"index": 5 } },
The trick is to increment the “index” number. I recommend copying and pasting the line a bunch of times, then using the “Insert Nums” plugin.

If you update Sublime Text this file will get overwritten, so you probably want to make the changes inside your User folder. There’s a way to merge menu files but I don’t remember how to do it so I’ll leave it as an exercise for the reader :smile:[/quote]

It works like a charm, than you adzenith!

Unfortunately, moving the file “Main.sublime-menu” from the “Default/” to the “User/” folder doesn’t work :frowning:. I don’t have a clue about what you mean by “merging” menu files.

0 Likes

I think if you leave the structure leading up to the open_recent_file commands, and delete everything else, Sublime may weave the two .sublime-menu files together.

0 Likes