Sublime Forum

How to create projects

Sorry for dumb question, but I dont see hardly anything in the documentation about how to create projects in ST accept that its written in JSON. Do I have to write these project files in JSON myself? Is there documentation on how to do that? I usually use CodeBlocks with C++ and it is very easy to create a project and then include libraries in the linker options of the project. Will there ever be a GUI for project settings or will the settings and project files always be done by hand in JSON?

0 Likes

ST2 is clearly missing a “New Project” menu item under “Project”.

Anyway, you can do this:

• Project->Close Project (just to make sure)
  • Drag some folder into Sublime.
  • Project->Save Project As…

Then you can, for example “Project->Edit Project”, or whatever.

What I did noticed (and IMO due to the lack of a “New Project” command) is that your preferences are carried away, from your previous project, into this newly created one. For example: the history for files, searchs, folders, commands, completions, etc., are saved into this newly created project (that seems quite silly to me).

1 Like

I’m fine with JSON configs.
I hate that I can’t remove projects from the list. Sometimes i do very quick jobs (couple of days, max a week), other times i do long projects (couple of months) and, finally, i do recurring projects (some maintenance). I hate to have 30+ projects in the project list.

I guess few buttons on the bottom part of the sidebar would help a lot: new file/folder, new/save/close project.

I remember that was already a long(ish) discussion couple of months ago with no conclusions :smile:

0 Likes

At least on build 2207 (Windows, YMMV) there is a “Clear Items” under “Project->Recent Projects”.

0 Likes

Yeah, but that will clear ALL projects…

0 Likes