Sublime Forum

New theme forked from Soda (light/dark & alternate colors)

Theme updated with new options (solid tab on dark theme) and new screenshots!

It’s planned but not for now. Square tabs are more easily maintained in several colors :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“simon.netatoo”]

This is a very good idea, I look at it soon.
When you say solid tabs, you mean like the Light Theme Blue?[/quote]

Exactly.

0 Likes

@jbjornson i have added a phoenix_solid_current_tab setting for solid background on Dark Theme, what do you think?

0 Likes

This is awesome ! Thanks a lot !

What about an option to disable bold text in current tab ?

0 Likes

[quote]Yes thank you for your feedback! For the color of the label text, I need to find a balance to maintain good readability.
Especially that color can display differently depending on screen.

EDIT : I just committed a change to the Dark Theme Green, it’s better now? (screenshots are not updated for now)[/quote]

It’s MUCH MUCH MUCH better! Thank you!

0 Likes

Wow, it looks great. Thanks!

0 Likes

I put these in bold text label to gain clarity, but if you want to change this, please refer to https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/wiki/Theme-customisation :

{
        "class": "tab_label",
        "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "selected"]}],
        "font.bold": false
    },
    {
        "class": "sidebar_label",
        "parents": {"class": "tree_row", "attributes": "selected"]}],
    }
]
0 Likes

I would like to propose a .sublime-settings file in the theme to provide a commented configuration file containing all the custom settings, is this possible and if so how?

0 Likes

I’ve added a couple of custom setting for this :

{
    "phoenix_dirty_bottom_bar": true,
    "phoenix_dirty_bottom_bar_red": true
}

This allows you to choose your favorite color for inactive dirty tab, example :

https://a248.e.akamai.net/camo.github.com/358cce906d6f564220e303e5b894b8251a4c0ba7/687474703a2f2f6e657461746f6f2e6e65742f70686f656e69782f50686f656e69782d44697274792d53746174652e706e673f763d32

However, this applies only to the inactive tabs, not the selected tab.

0 Likes

Damn man, this is such a fantastic theme, greatly customisable. I can’t thank you well enough for your efforts.

0 Likes

Looking good. Nice to see my little tab status line thingies are popular/useful enough to include in other themes. I personally wouldn’t use it because the tabs are enormous, but otherwise it’s at least pretty.

0 Likes

Simon – you mention that the theme uses two “slightly modified color schemes,” one being Clouds Midnight. If it’s not too much trouble, could you say how it has been modified and if it would be possible to use the original, unmodified Midnight Clouds theme.

0 Likes

I agree that Phoenix tabs are more bigger, with maybe more details particularly for the solid tabs. But you can easily play with “phoenix_tabs_small” or “phoenix_tabs_medium” to adjust the height you want. Also, the dirty bottom bar in Phoenix is much larger that Nil Theme… It’s a choice, like the default tabs height, i’m on large screen and my goal is not necessarily to win 5 pixels on the height of the tabs. Although I maybe slightly reduce the height of dirty bottom bar by a few pixels for greater rendering on small tabs.

In all cases, the Nil theme is very well designed and it’s beautiful too :wink:
Note that i have added a mention and a link to your theme in Phoenix readme.

On Clouds Midnight theme, I change almost nothing ^^, compares the two files with an app like kaleidoscope to see the differences, but they are not numerous, maybe two or three colors.
You can absolutely use the original theme or any other in fact, “Tomorrow Night Eighties” rendering good too. On “Tomorrow Night” shipped in Phoenix, I only changed the background color.

0 Likes

Very cool! Thanks :smile:

0 Likes

I put my customization settings in “Phoenix Dark.sublime-settings”, but it seems like they aren’t being read. What gives?

0 Likes

Unfortunately the custom settings for the Pheonix theme need to be in the user preferences…

0 Likes

[quote=“Grant”]I put my customization settings in “Phoenix Dark.sublime-settings”, but it seems like they aren’t being read. What gives?

[/quote]

Booo…
I’d like to keep my theme settings organized into the “ThemeName.sublime-settings” files to better organize my prefs based on what theme is loaded. Is there any way to do this other than copying out chunks of the original *.sublime-theme file?

0 Likes

Grant, what do you want to do finally? You want to put custom settings (eg. phoenix_color_blue) in a file or customize your theme, such as by removing the bold on the selected tabs?

If you want to remove the bold, for example, create a Phoenix Dark.sublime-theme in your User folder and puts something like this :

{
        "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "selected"]}],
    }
]
0 Likes

Simon – Thank you for this great theme. I have tried it out and explored the various options and alternate colors. There are many things I like about Phoenix and others I prefer with Soda, so I’d like to do some Soda mods of my own as you suggest. I’ve followed the instructions on the Theme customization wikipage, but must be doing something wrong as the changes I’ve made don’t appear in ST.

For example, as a test I’ve tried this one for “Blue Modified Tabs”:

{ "class": "tab_label", "settings": "highlight_modified_tabs"], "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "dirty"]}], "fg": [120, 170, 250] }

cutting and pasting it into a file I created under the name “Soda Dark.sublime-theme,” which I saved in my User folder. Do you gave any idea why the change doesn’t appear?

I’m new to this so I may well have slipped up somewhere, only I’m not seeing it. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes

the contents of the file should be like this, don’t forget to wrap with ]?

{
        "settings": "highlight_modified_tabs"],
        "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "dirty"]}],
        "fg": [120, 170, 250]
    }
]
0 Likes