Sublime Forum

Unwanted rectangles on every line in .py files on windows

I have a strange unwanted effect when editing python files:
http://dropout.hu/unwantedeffect.png
These rectangles and underscore like artifacts are distracting me a lot and couldn’t what is this setting.
I don’t know how would one call this as it seems it has nothing to do with indentation.
I’ve been digging through the settings files, tried changing relevant setting values, but no success yet.
I also tried searching, but I couldn’t name this “effect” so no luck yet.
Thanks in advance for any tips.
Adam

0 Likes

You have SublimeLinter installed.

0 Likes

Awwww maaan, thanks, it feels much better now.
But why did check my python files? and if it checked my python files why was it showing errors, as my code was syntax OK… strange, but now it’s gone.

0 Likes

[quote=“dropout”]Awwww maaan, thanks, it feels much better now.
But why did check my python files? and if it checked my python files why was it showing errors, as my code was syntax OK… strange, but now it’s gone.[/quote]

It looks like to took care of this by disabling the linter, but if you want to dig into it more, you get information on the status bar when the cursor is on a line with problems. Also, it puts an underscore in the areas of the problems. For example, line 18 has an underscore right before “infile”, and the status bar (for my copy of this as a test) indicates, “PEP 8 (E201): whitespace after ‘(’”.

While that isn’t a true syntax error (as you said, it executes correctly), it is a violation of PEP 8’s style guidelines.

Some of the others might involve a mix of tabs and spaces. Looking at the status bar will indicate what it is catching.

Of course, if PEP 8 isn’t that important for your needs, leaving the linter disabled may be a better option for you!

0 Likes