Sublime Forum

Sublime Text Portable does not display properly

Hi!

I tried to install the portable version for windows. I’m on a XP professional machine. It doesn’t display the menus properly. I have attached a screenshot.

Is this problem known? Any fixes?

Thank you!

Edit:
The problem is only limited to the status bar and the menu bar. They display correctly on the first startup, then don’t. It will display fine again if one deletes data\pristine packages before every startup.

edit2:
just deleting data\pristine packages\Default.sublime-package before startup makes the menu bar show up.

0 Likes

I would say you have a theme (like Soda or something) that is set but is not present there.
Try to edit Preferences.sublime-settings and search for “theme” string. If it’s there, you can either install that theme or comment/remove that line.

0 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

The default Preferences.sublime-settings in Data\Packages\default includes the lines

// The theme controls the look of Sublime Text's UI (buttons, tabs, scroll bars, etc) "theme": "Default.sublime-theme",

this file does exist in Data\Packages\Theme - Default. Both the settings file and this folder are generated exactly like this upon first starting the portable download from this site.

The Preferences.sublime-settings in Data\Packages\User only has the line

"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Zenburnesque.tmTheme"

which is the color scheme I selected.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes