Sublime Forum

New theme forked from Soda (light/dark & alternate colors)

I put my customization settings in “Phoenix Dark.sublime-settings”, but it seems like they aren’t being read. What gives?

0 Likes

Unfortunately the custom settings for the Pheonix theme need to be in the user preferences…

0 Likes

[quote=“Grant”]I put my customization settings in “Phoenix Dark.sublime-settings”, but it seems like they aren’t being read. What gives?

[/quote]

Booo…
I’d like to keep my theme settings organized into the “ThemeName.sublime-settings” files to better organize my prefs based on what theme is loaded. Is there any way to do this other than copying out chunks of the original *.sublime-theme file?

0 Likes

Grant, what do you want to do finally? You want to put custom settings (eg. phoenix_color_blue) in a file or customize your theme, such as by removing the bold on the selected tabs?

If you want to remove the bold, for example, create a Phoenix Dark.sublime-theme in your User folder and puts something like this :

{
        "class": "tab_label",
        "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "selected"]}],
        "font.bold": false
    }
]
0 Likes

Simon – Thank you for this great theme. I have tried it out and explored the various options and alternate colors. There are many things I like about Phoenix and others I prefer with Soda, so I’d like to do some Soda mods of my own as you suggest. I’ve followed the instructions on the Theme customization wikipage, but must be doing something wrong as the changes I’ve made don’t appear in ST.

For example, as a test I’ve tried this one for “Blue Modified Tabs”:

{ "class": "tab_label", "settings": "highlight_modified_tabs"], "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "dirty"]}], "fg": [120, 170, 250] }

cutting and pasting it into a file I created under the name “Soda Dark.sublime-theme,” which I saved in my User folder. Do you gave any idea why the change doesn’t appear?

I’m new to this so I may well have slipped up somewhere, only I’m not seeing it. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes

the contents of the file should be like this, don’t forget to wrap with ]?

{
        "class": "tab_label",
        "settings": "highlight_modified_tabs"],
        "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "dirty"]}],
        "fg": [120, 170, 250]
    }
]
0 Likes

[quote=“simon.netatoo”]the contents of the file should be like this, don’t forget to wrap with ]?

Didn’t realize that.

Tried it again with the brackets and…it worked!

Many thanks, I’m off to explore further.[/quote]

0 Likes

Cool theme but you could have come up with another name. Right out of the Soda thread…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7512&start=30#p33594

0 Likes

Yes I saw it after … sorry about that.

INFO : theme UPDATED with new color scheme according to dark color variations, and a “eighties” mode for Tomorrow Night Eighties lovers…

0 Likes

Awesome. Using it now. Hope there’s nothing about the stable ("/2") Sublime version that would break it.

0 Likes

Fantastic. Thanks

0 Likes

No worries, you’ve done a fantastic job. There is just one more thing to make this perfect IMO and that is finding a way to change the top menu bar color to match the interface. I really prefer a dark interface but even when in full screen mode there’s this distracting white menu bar with black text on it that I so badly want to reverse and dim the text on. Can you think of any way to do this? For example…

http://www.resdivina.com/img/menu-example.png

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

0 Likes

Anyone?

0 Likes

The OP die or something?

0 Likes

This is awesome!

I am loving the additional features. I am a new user to Sublime that first tried out Soda as it was recommended by a lot of people. Then I some how came across this modification, and I am so glad I did!

After tweaking things, here is what I configured:

"color_scheme": "Packages/Theme - Phoenix/Color Scheme/Clouds Midnight.tmTheme",
	"phoenix_color_blue": true,
	"phoenix_color_expanded_folder": true,
	"phoenix_dirty_bottom_bar": true,
	"phoenix_dirty_bottom_bar_blue": true,
	"phoenix_highlight_current_tab": true,
	"phoenix_sidebar_tree_medium": true,
	"phoenix_solid_current_tab": true,
	"phoenix_tabs_auto_width": true,
	"phoenix_tabs_medium": true,
	"theme": "Phoenix Dark.sublime-theme"
0 Likes

I do not think the menu bar is available to be customized with themes. This looks like a sublime thing, and I agree I would love to see it dark as well.

0 Likes

I really like this theme but one thing bothers me a bit…

The current highlighted tab doesn’t allow me to see if the file is dirty (modified & unsaved).

Picture for this:

I’d like to have it this way:

Is this possible with the current configuration options?

0 Likes

The X turns into a dot on a current dirty tab.

0 Likes

I cant get anywhere near the results in the screenshots?

I am using the Package Manager, and I get a new theme options in the Preference menu, but when I select a new color, say Dark Green, only the text changes?

The tabs, sidebar and command line all stay the same?

I have even pasted in some of the code from the git repository into Preferences.sublime.settings - User

And still nothing?

Can anyone help?

I am on Windows7 64Bit

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

[quote=“godonholiday”]I cant get anywhere near the results in the screenshots?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Did you read the documentation on the Git page? Lots of good stuff there. You need to modify your user prefs under Preferences > Settings - User. For example, my user prefs look like this (note the stuff specific to the Phoenix theme but ignore the colour scheme named Pheonix, cause that’s my own)…

[code]{
“auto_complete_commit_on_tab”: true,
“auto_complete_with_fields”: true,
“bold_folder_labels”: true,
“caret_style”: “phase”,
“color_scheme”: “Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Phoenix.tmTheme”,
“dictionary”: “Packages/Language - English/en_GB.dic”,
“draw_white_space”: “all”,
“font_face”: “Consolas”,
“font_size”: 13,
“highlight_line”: true,
“highlight_modified_tabs”: true,