Sublime Forum

Can't open console with keyboard (non-US layout)

I have a Spanish keyboard configured as such in Windows XP and in Arch Linux (XFCE).

According to the View menu, the key combination to open the console is **Ctrl+**, but that combination doesn't work. I guess it's because is a dead key (i.e. it only works if you type something after it) in a Spanish layout. For example, to type it in this post, I have to press that key and then space.

I understand that using this key comes from a de facto standard in games and the assumption of a US layout. If so, games like HL2 for example still use the key to the left of the 1 key, even if using a keyboard with a Spanish layout.

Edit: the key to the left of the 1 key is º (no modifier), ª (with shift), \ (with AltGr). I changed the mapping of the console to Ctrl+º but it’s still not working.

Edit 2: okay, I changed it to *Ctrl+* and now it somehow is working :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve Spanish latinoamericano keyboard too and same problem.

You can log keypresses with the following command:

sublime.log_input(True)

This shows that Ctrl+| is shown as ctrl+\

Lo cual el keymap para añadir en “User/Default.sublime-keymap” sería

{ 
	  "keys": "ctrl+\\"],  
	  "command": "show_panel", 
	  "args": {"panel": "console", "toggle": true}
	}

Saludos

0 Likes

Sin modificar los atajos que vienen por defecto con Sublime Text, para un teclado tipo “Spanish - Modern Sort”, la combinación de teclas para abrir la consola sería:

Ctrl + ñ

Yo di con ella aporreando el teclado hasta que funcionó; no apliqué ningún método científico :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I have the same problem with a UK layout. I’m running Windows 7 with ST version 2.0.1 Build 2217.

Rob.

0 Likes

For info, I tried using:

sublime.log_input(True)
sublime.log_commands(True)

And it records absolutely nothing when I type Ctrl+`. It reports use of other shortcuts correctly.

Rob.

0 Likes

I meet the same problem on a new windows 10 box.
ctrl+shows nothing shows 0x60
ctrl+1 shows control+1
alt+shows alt+

any fix for this now?

0 Likes