Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Project Settings Question

Project Settings Question

Postby BestGreek on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Is it possible to have projects remember open files with out having to use the "Close Project" menu item?
BestGreek

Re: Project Settings Question

Postby kindlebaby on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:40 am

need this feature
kindlebaby

Postby BestGreek on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 pm

It would be nice. I just always try to remember to hit the "Close Project" button.
BestGreek

Postby kindlebaby on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:31 am

oh sorry.

when i hit "close project", st2 can remember open files.

however if i quit st2 use 'CMD+q'(OS X), st2 can not remember open files for project.

i want to know if i can set "remember_open_files" for project
kindlebaby

Postby C0D312 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:34 am

Just make a macro or plugin that closes the project and quits the app. Then bind that to command-q

Problem solved
C0D312

Postby phillip.koebbe on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:31 pm

I have hot_exit and remember_open_files set to true (the defaults) and I don't have any problems with open files not being remembered. If I close the window the project is in (ie, using the close button, not the Close Project menu item), close ST2, launch ST2, and reopen the project, all the files I had open when I closed the window are still open. If I leave the project window open when I close ST2, it will be open again (with all the files still open) the next time I launch ST2.

I've never used the Close Project menu item.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you?
-- Phillip

Code: Select all
while self.living? do
    mistake = Mistake.new
    self.learn_from!(mistake) unless mistake.fatal?
end
phillip.koebbe

Postby ReinierK on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I second philip's comment, I never have this issue too, nor do I ever use the 'Close Project' command.
ReinierK

Postby BestGreek on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:11 am

I have hot_exit and remember_open_files both set to false. I do however have those setting set to true in my project file per-project. It seems like the setting in the project file should override the normal preference file. In my use case if I open random files I don't want them to re-open the next time I launch ST2. If its a project I do want them remembered. I think this is a bug in the priority of the file settings but its just a guess.
BestGreek

Postby kindlebaby on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:10 am

phillip.koebbe wrote:I have hot_exit and remember_open_files set to true (the defaults) and I don't have any problems with open files not being remembered. If I close the window the project is in (ie, using the close button, not the Close Project menu item), close ST2, launch ST2, and reopen the project, all the files I had open when I closed the window are still open. If I leave the project window open when I close ST2, it will be open again (with all the files still open) the next time I launch ST2.

I've never used the Close Project menu item.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you?

as @BestGreek said: "I have hot_exit and remember_open_files both set to false. ", so ...

C0D312 wrote:Just make a macro or plugin that closes the project and quits the app. Then bind that to command-q

Problem solved

This seems to be a good idea currently, I will try to implement it.
kindlebaby

Postby phillip.koebbe on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

BestGreek wrote:I have hot_exit and remember_open_files both set to false. I do however have those setting set to true in my project file per-project. It seems like the setting in the project file should override the normal preference file. In my use case if I open random files I don't want them to re-open the next time I launch ST2. If its a project I do want them remembered. I think this is a bug in the priority of the file settings but its just a guess.

Oh, I see that our usage patterns are different in at least two ways:

1) I don't have any per project settings. In fact, I didn't even know you could do that. Heh.
2) When I open random files, I try to open a new window first as I don't like to have my project polluted with files that are unrelated.

So many users. So many ways.
-- Phillip

Code: Select all
while self.living? do
    mistake = Mistake.new
    self.learn_from!(mistake) unless mistake.fatal?
end
phillip.koebbe

Next

Return to General Discussion