Sublime Forum

Transpose doesn't work Win XP 2.0.1.2217

I found the line in the documentation about transpose:

When I select two letters, two words, or two lines, and press Ctrl+T, the status bar displays the message “Nothing to transpose.”

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Win XP SP3
Sublime version 2.0.1.2217
New install, no changes to key bindings.
Thanks!

0 Likes

Transpose doesn’t work with selections. To do what you’re after, use Edit/Permute Selections/Reverse

0 Likes

The commands on the Edit/Permute Lines sub-menu work as I would expect, but:

1. Select two characters (or two words).
  2. Click Edit, then click Permute Selections… All the commands on the Permute Selections sub-menu are disabled (grayed out).

Also, if Transpose doesn’t work with selections, how does it work?
Thanks.

0 Likes

OK, after dinking around for awhile, I found that Transpose works if I select two or more lines using Multiple Selection (Ctrl+Shift+L), and then Ctrl+T to transpose characters, words, or lines vertically.

Multiple Selection also enables the commands on the Edit/Permute Selections sub-menu, but Multiple Selection is not required for commands on the Edit/Permute Lines sub-menu.

Edit/Permute Lines/Unique works as expected (removes duplicate lines leaving the first instance), but I can’t get Edit/Permute Selections/Unique to do anything. For example, Edit/Permute Lines/Unique changes:
To
Do
Anything
Do

… to
To
Do
Anything

But if I multi-line select the following four lines (selecting the characters), then Edit/Permute Selections/Unique doesn’t do anything to:
T
D
A
T

… although the other commands on the Edit/Permute Selections sub-menu all seem to work as I expect them to. Is there something else I’m missing about Edit/Permute Selections/Unique?

Thanks!

0 Likes