Sublime Forum

Bug? "file modified" notice and blank page

I was viewing a document, and it appeared my network connection was temporarily disrupted. I received a notice along the lines of “file modified - reload?” and I said OK. This blanked out my document. Zero characters on the screen. Thought I had lost the document altogether. A few moments later, the network was restored again, and I again received “file modified - reload?” prompt… said OK again, and my file was loaded correctly again.

Could this be a bug related to if the file can not be found on the network temporarily?

0 Likes

Same thing happens if the file is deleted - you get prompted to reload the file, and it comes up blank. This should likely not happen. It’s not quite as bad as it appears though: any time you do reload a file like this, you can simply hit undo to go back to how you had it previously.

0 Likes

If the file is actually deleted, I could see this happening. Somehow I would have expected a network failure to behave different… if the network is not available, don’t offer the reload prompt at all.

0 Likes