Sublime Forum

Right click -> Delete file doesn't do anything

Hi all,

I’m using Sublime 2.0.1 Build 2217 on Mac OSX 10.7.4.
I have files opened via a Samba share, and have full permissions on the files I’m trying to change.
Editing and creating works fine, however when I right click and hit ‘Delete File’, the menu disappears and nothing happens.

Plugins I have installed are:

Advanced New File
Alignment
Detect Syntax
Dockblockr
Git
jQuery
LiveReload
Package Control
SFTP
Sublime CodeIntel
Sublime Linter

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I’ve had this issue before mounting up such a list of plugins but you never know.

as an aside:
I’m probably missing something but it seems to me that ST2 is almost a full IDE, the only thing missing is some decent file and folder manipulation, i.e drag & drop moving and deleting. Other than that it’s the best tool I’ve used to date, definitely beats DW and Eclipse on every other front.
If I am missing something feel free to correct me :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve managed to find a way around this by installing the enhanced sidebar plugin.

Using the right click -> delete menu it now deletes files successfully - interestingly when I do it, it asks for confirmation to permanently delete and pops up a dialogue to ask for the filename to permanently delete. It only does a single delete this way at a time but atleast it works.

This is probably related to the files being on a Samba share, as they can’t be put in the trash or anything like that, only permanently deleted.

If I find any other fixes or workarounds I’ll post them up.

0 Likes