Sublime Forum

Full screen by default

Is there any way to make Sublime open in fullscreen by default? I’ve looked through the options but didn’t see an obvious way…

0 Likes

I don’t think so but I would also love this feature because my workflow is -> open editor -> switch to fullscreen.

0 Likes

I would also love to see this :smile:

0 Likes

At least in Windows 7 you can start ST2 with:

sublime_text.exe --command toggle_full_screen
0 Likes

Yeah, this argument works fine in OSX too (and in linux, i think), but it’s unusable, always run Sublime from command-line :smile:

Pls, add this option in preferences!

0 Likes

Sorry about necroing this thread but I am interested in opening up Sublime in full screen by default. Adding --command toggle_full_screen from the command line does work, but I like to launch apps from spotlight and don’t always have my terminal open. Is there no option for this? Any way to automatically run a certain command when Sublime opens?

0 Likes

I want too this feature

0 Likes

It’s not as simple as having a config option would be, but you can create a script to do this.

Go into /Applications/Sublime\ Text\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS and rename the ‘Sublime Text 2’ executable to anything else (I called it st2). Now create a new text file called ‘Sublime Text 2’ and paste the following into it

#!/bin/bash
/Applications/Sublime\ Text\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/st2 --command toggle_full_screen

Save it and run chmod u+x Sublime\ Text\ 2.

Your dock shortcut and Spotlight will now start Sublime in full screen.

0 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but in case someone also need this, I made a package to start Sublime Text in fullscreen mode.
It’s available on Package Control and Github. :smile:

sublime.wbond.net/packages/AutomaticFullscreen
github.com/lefoy/AutomaticFullscreen

0 Likes

[quote=“lefoy”]I know this is an old thread, but in case someone also need this, I made a package to start Sublime Text in fullscreen mode.
It’s available on Package Control and Github. :smile:

sublime.wbond.net/packages/AutomaticFullscreen
github.com/lefoy/AutomaticFullscreen[/quote]

I’m using the current build of ST2 and unfortunately this package doesn’t work. You mentioned on GitHub last Sept that you would be updating it; just checking to see where you’re at…

(Just posted this question to GitHub, but thought I’d post here all the same. Sorry for double query. :smile: )

0 Likes

Is there any progress on this issue? The plugin is ok, but still annoying – it starts in non-fullscreen and after 1-2 sec it goes to fullscreen.

Much better to have an option in the ST, or the plugin which starts ST in Fullscreen from the beginning.

0 Likes

In ST3:

1. Open file
    \Sublime Text 3\Packages\User\Preferences.sublime-settings

2. Add line
    "remember_full_screen": true,

3. Enter Fullscreen mode
    F11

4. Close Sublime Text
    (without exiting fullscreen)

5. Open Sublime
    It will open in fullscreen

2 Likes

@devgoncalo’s solution only represents a partial solution. If you quit the app and the last open window was fullscreen, the new window is fullscreen, but if the app is already open and you open a new folder with subl, say, the new window is not fullscreened by default.

What are folks’ solutions for having sublime open fullscreen by default?

(I’m a mac user)

0 Likes