Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime text 2 group focus shortcut not working

Sublime text 2 group focus shortcut not working

Postby maumercado on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Hello all,

I think the title of the post says it all, but I guess you all would need more info in order to help me, Im using sublime text 2 on Mac OSX 10.7.4, and Im trying to get ctrl+1 and ctrl+2 to work in order to work with different groups of tabs and files in different columns and what not.

The problem is that when I have two groups open ctrl+1 works but ctrl+2,3 or 4 does not change to the other group.

I have disabled the mission control keyboard shortcuts just in case, but still does not work... what could be the problem!?

Thank You!
maumercado

Re: Sublime text 2 group focus shortcut not working

Postby madlee on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm having the same problem, ctrl+1 works, as does ctrl+0 to switch focus to the sidebar, but none of the other groups (2, 3, 4) work. Also running OSX 10.7.4. Do you have any custom packages installed?
madlee

Postby tstarbow on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 am

I am seeing this problem as well, with version 2.0.1, osx 10.7.4. I have Package Control and SublimeLinter installed. Ctrl+0 works to get me to the sidebar, but ctrl+1 and ctrl+2 do nothing. View > Focus Group works fine from the menubar. And I can see the keybindings in in Default (OSX).sublime-keymap -- Default:

{ "keys": ["ctrl+1"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 0 } },
{ "keys": ["ctrl+2"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 1 } },
{ "keys": ["ctrl+3"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 2 } },
{ "keys": ["ctrl+4"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 3 } },
tstarbow

Postby tstarbow on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:38 am

Hmm, I copied the lines into my User keykey and swapped in alt for ctrl, and it works fine. Must be some conflict with ctrl-<number>. This works for me:

{ "keys": ["alt+1"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 0 } },
{ "keys": ["alt+2"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 1 } },
{ "keys": ["alt+3"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 2 } },
{ "keys": ["alt+4"], "command": "focus_group", "args": { "group": 3 } }
tstarbow

Postby adzenith on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 pm

I'd also recommend checking out this plugin for more advanced file-pane handling. It lets you e.g. move to the group to the right, or create a new group below, or so on.
https://github.com/SublimeText/Origami
adzenith

Postby Jonathanmcw on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Okay, I've faced the same problem as well with Mountain Lion OSX. I don't know whether you have the habit of mapping Ctrl+1,Ctrl+2,Ctrl+3... as keyboard shortcut for Switching Desktop ( or is that part of the default setting? ), but somehow got the extra Desktop disabled/ left unused. If you do... this is how I got out of it:

- Make sure Preference > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Mission Control > Switch To Desktop 1,2,3,4 are unchecked

The tricky bits: if you are only having "Switch to Desktop 1" available but unchecked, you have to activate Desktop 2,3 to make the "Switch to Desktop 2", "Switch to Desktop 3" options *appear* for you to uncheck.

The OSX has a thing of invisibly intercepting the keystroke so there you go having Ctrl+1,2, etc doing nothing. ;)

Similar principle applies had you mapped the keyboard shortcuts to other things before (I guess). Once it's done it's good to go.
Jonathanmcw

Return to Technical Support