Sublime Forum

Modifying shellVariable values

using view.meta_info(“shellVariables”, apoint) will get a list of name/value pairs
I have created a custom TM_CLASS variable I use in snippets to fill in the namespace on a C++ method such as with

file “Packages/C++/Class (C++).tmPreferences”:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC '-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN' 'http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd'><plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>ClassName</string> <key>scope</key> <string>source.c, source.c++, source.objc, source.objc++</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>shellVariables</key> <array> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>TM_CLASS</string> <key>value</key> <string>MyClassName</string> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>uuid</key> <string>38DBCCE5-2005-410C-B7D7-013097751AC9</string> </dict> </plist>

The snippet:
void $TM_Class::MyMethod()

will expand to:

void MyClassName::MyMethod()

The meta_info is read only however and to change the value of TM_CLASS I need to xmlwrite a “C++/Class (C++).tmPreferences” file with the new class name set for the value of the TM_CLASS entry.
This seams a little wasteful to me. If we had a way of setting the values in the “shellVariables” meta info it would shorten the process.
For me a non-persistent value is fine but I understand for a complete feature you would probably want to save the changes and that complicates things a bit.
Anyway I thought I would bring this feature request up just in case.

Thanks,
Guy Carver

0 Likes