Sublime Forum

Doesnt register

I purchased sublime text 2 a month ago. It worked just fine until now.

However, today I downloaded the current version and installed it on another PC.

I entered the license key, it accepts the key successfully. However, when I re-open the text editor again, it says “UNREGISTERED”.

I’m using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit on an Intel i7 processor.

Is this a bug in sublime or my OS?

0 Likes

I have the same problem. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and when i open it and register it works fine. As soon as i restart the app it goes back the the unregistered state. If i enable the sidebar once i restart it, it also goes away.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

I’m running into the same issue after installing sublime with Linux Mint 13 Maya. Had no issues using it with Ubuntu previously.

0 Likes

Actually, a fresh install of sublime fixed this for me. Suspect the issue was related to copying my directory across from the old Ubuntu install.

0 Likes

I have done an install following the instructions at: technoreply.com/how-to-insta … -04-unity/

When I enter the license key I get the dialog window that thanks me for registering and UNREGISTERED vanishes. However, on restart of sublime the license is forgotten and it is back to displaying UNREGISTERED. But, it does not nag about getting a license, so it must know that it exists.

Please suggest what to do.

0 Likes

Hey there!
I just install sublime on Ubuntu 12.04 and came across the same problem.

I thought the problem might be Sublime not beeing able to write info to a folder.
I think I got a solution for the problem. :geek:
What I did was to start sublime from the terminal as superuser and then enter the registration key.
I’ve restarted Sublime several times and I’m still registered!
:mrgreen:

I hope this helps
greetings
R

0 Likes